Muppets Most Wanted Box Office Numbers

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Really? It's still playing at all locations in my area.

To be honest, it wasn't in too many places on opening weekend (most of the theaters I called claimed that Disney didn't send them the movie), but now that small amount has been cut down, which is disappointing.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
I believe that "CC" stands for "Christmas Carol".
I'm probably over-reading this, but I was asking more about the statement itself. "MCC" is one of the most noted Christmas Carol adaptations there is, so I didn't think it worked as a joke. Anyway, back to the subject at hand...

I, for one, can't say I'm surprised at Rio 2's business. Haven't really watched either of them, but from what I have seen, it attests that if you have a CGI comedy with fart jokes and marketable celebrities (on the soundtrack to boot), you will make lots of money. It worked in 2001, and it still seems to work now. It's a shame MMW hasn't done as well financially, but I'm convinced in the long run, it will still make it's $50-52 million budget back domestically at the very least.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I'm probably over-reading this, but I was asking more about the statement itself. "MCC" is one of the most noted Christmas Carol adaptations there is, so I didn't think it worked as a joke. Anyway, back to the subject at hand...
Wasn't really meant to be a joke but more of the emphasis of my dislike for MCC. I don't care how accurate it was to the Charles Dickens tale or not I do not like Muppets in story character adaptions. But then again I don't like the story of CC anyways so the combination of putting Muppets in it did nothing for me.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Wasn't really meant to be a joke but more of the emphasis of my dislike for MCC. I don't care how accurate it was to the Charles Dickens tale or not I do not like Muppets in story character adaptions. But then again I don't like the story of CC anyways so the combination of putting Muppets in it did nothing for me.
Huh. Different strokes, I guess. While I'm kind of glad that story adaptations haven't been a regular thing for the Muppets, I see MCC as not only a great example of such, but also that important first step in continuing the franchise, as often discussed. That and, as heralde mentioned earlier, it's sweet enough to give people (myself included) the warm fuzzies every Christmas. :smile:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Huh. Different strokes, I guess. While I'm kind of glad that story adaptations haven't been a regular thing for the Muppets, I see MCC as not only a great example of such, but also that important first step in continuing the franchise, as often discussed. That and, as heralde mentioned earlier, it's sweet enough to give people (myself included) the warm fuzzies every Christmas
I LOVE The Muppet Christmas Carol movie- and definitely A Muppet Family Christmas as well-both are great! (And I'm a particularly big fan of Charles Dickens' book "A Christmas Carol", so I suppose that helps- but I just love the Muppets in most anything. I particularly have enjoyed the literary adaptations- I wouldn't mind seeing others in this genre. The Muppets have done this a couple of times over the years- "The Muppet Christmas Carol", "Muppet Classic Theater" (which needs to get a DVD and/or Blu-Ray rerelease, by the way), "Muppet Treasure Island" and "The Muppets' Wizard of Oz". And then there are a number of literary adaptations on "Muppets Tonight", "The Jim Henson Hour", "The Muppet Show" and "Sesame Street", of course.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
MMW actually got $2.275 mil. this weekend. It needs less than $10 million to reach its budget, but it'll still be a stretch for the film to get $54 million. Meanwhile Peabody is yet another domestic bomb for Dreamworks with its budget of $145 million and a current total north of a $110 million final total.