Jim Henson's Creature Shop Challenge Episode 1: What Lies Beneath

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Just saw the show for the first time, really enjoyed it. It's really fascinating watching professionals work at a genuine craft and it's refreshing to see the Dark Crystal/Labyrinth aesthetic again. And so far the judges are handling things very maturely which is a nice change from the usual reality show nonsense, lol.

robodog

Reaction score
Glad it's a hit! I thoroughly enjoyed it and am eagerly awaiting next week's episode. I find this kind of thing fascinating.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I watched the episode! I loved the cool underwater creature entries made by the contestants during the first round. :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One thing I thought of: The winner gets to work for Jim Henson's Creature Shop, yet in the past decade it's been hard for the company to get any non-CG projects made. Hopefully the company will be able to provide a project for the winner to work on. In the past few years has the creature shop even made any creatures for any non-Henson movies? Will the winners have to settle for working on puppets for Sesame Street or Puppet Up as opposed to a "Creature Shop production" that uses the old Creature Shop style (since the Creature Shop now does the Muppet-style puppets in addition to the more realistic)?

Wiseman

Reaction score
I don't have cable so I'm watching these eps on the website a day late, I liked the first ep, which I saw last Wednesday, and I can't wait for tomorrow when I get to see the second ep. The couple that created that fish creature was really bad. Watching them was like watching a train wreck, you know it's terrible, but you can't look away.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
One thing I thought of: The winner gets to work for Jim Henson's Creature Shop, yet in the past decade it's been hard for the company to get any non-CG projects made. Hopefully the company will be able to provide a project for the winner to work on. In the past few years has the creature shop even made any creatures for any non-Henson movies? Will the winners have to settle for working on puppets for Sesame Street or Puppet Up as opposed to a "Creature Shop production" that uses the old Creature Shop style (since the Creature Shop now does the Muppet-style puppets in addition to the more realistic)?
I know they did the creatures for "Where the Wild Things Are", but that was a few years ago now. However, I think this show is exactly what the Creature Shop needs to get itself back out there and doing a lot of amazing work.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
You know this is quite off-topic (sorry about that), but the jim henson's creature shop show has made brian henson so popular that if you type in "bri" on google, the first thing that comes up is literally "brian henson", that's better than JIM!!!!!!!!!!!!