The Clarence thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
They have the first episode for free on iTunes, also. I'd say the Fun Dungeon episode is a lot better than the pilot itself. I'll definitely watch it more. I'm also really diggin' the opening sequence, and it shows the overall attitude of the show. It's kids being kids.

It's not just kids being kids. It's weird kids being weird kids. That's always fun.

mr3urious

Reaction score
It was cute seeing Clarence befriend that girl, and her not being totally grossed out by him. I liked seeing the "bullies" try to thwart them (though they're really more bitterly jealous frenemies than outright mean).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Nice to see some variety with this one. It felt a little more grounded with a less quirky companion this time. I really like that guy (his name escapes me) with the cartoon animal nose. Still wonder what his role in the series was. I thought he was Clarence's dad.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
I got done watching the first episode of Clarence on the premiere and I loved Fun Dungeon, but didn't like A Pretty Day With Girl, Sumo's defentently becoming my favorite character of the show, he sounds like a young Popeye, how could you NOT love that, I'm usually like a mix of Jeff & Sumo, being I was hyperactive and can kind of be freaked out by things like spiders, and even people taking my fries :embarrassed:.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wizard Money Broom was brilliant! Just the epitome of what they're going for in Clarence's endless optimism. He was down for about 10 seconds in the entire episode.

That's it. I have a fan theory. Clarence grows up to become Uncle Grandpa. I see parallels at least.

Anyway, I especially liked the gag about the seal clubbing game. Clearly the lawyer friendly version of that Gator whack game, they knew the use your hands trick,.... even managed to pull out that one that keeps going in too fast (and often is broken, probably by kids who tried to pull that gator out). And I also like how many rules they broke unsupervised with no repercussions... and Jeff playing that stupid token sweeping game like he was counting cards. All around a great episode.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Many of those fictitious arcade games looked really fun, if insanely rigged (that crazy game Sumo played that we never fully see him play is worth mentioning). I can imagine Jeff developing a gambling addiction when he grows up, too. :big_grin:

Loved how Clarence was trying to make friends with the bullies, too. Good for him at being the bigger man. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I also liked the brutal stab at those stupid Big Bertha arcade machines. They're offensive and creepy. Who thought kids would enjoy that mess?

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I really liked the Pilot. I thought it was great. My favorite line, "We can eat pizza poppers, watch the Golden Girls…" :laugh:

This is my favorite of the newer shows on CN. My all time favorite is Regular Show, though.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Looks like they put some social commentary in the supermarket episode with Clarence's mom and later the rest of the shoppers going crazy over coupons, which are unfortunately necessary in this day and age.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I loved how Clarence was in awe at the huge woman in a motor scooter. And the old woman essentially groping him all over, thinking he was a ham (and the ham in a can label looking a LOT like him).

I like how the show has a recurring thread, but every episode offers something different in every episode (so far).