Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 44

Drtooth

Reaction score
Makes me wish the Crummy Pictures parody songs were longer.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Now I feel slightly bad: I really didn't like the songs in the "Judy and the Beast" episode, but I just found that Chris Cerf did the music for them. What a waste of talent.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Like I said, that was a weak episode all around. Somehow, the story didn't make sense to me as if the girl wanted a unique animal, a horse is the furthest thing from unique for a girl in a story to have. There's a reason why cartoons devoted to them are for girls... eh... or are supposed to be for girls at any rate.

I'd actually say that the songs were pretty much the only thing entertaining there.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Now I feel slightly bad: I really didn't like the songs in the "Judy and the Beast" episode, but I just found that Chris Cerf did the music for them. What a waste of talent.
To be honest, that doesn't surprise me. I think Chris lost his luster when he got older. He composed I Love Words, Abby's signature song and that wasn't exactly catchy. I still like it, I'm just saying.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Hey all! Sorry I haven't been posting on this thread about my thoughts on the episodes as much as I was quite a while ago! (Leave it to college stress and stuff like that!) But eventually I will continue where I left off as soon as I have a chance!

Anyways, I'm not sure that anyone would care, but there's something I thought I'd share with you all, since it does have to do with one of the episodes from this season. In one of my English classes we just finished reading an essay called "One of the Bad Guys". The author/narrator who is Arab American expresses how unsettled he is about Hollywood thinking it's OK to portray people of his culture as villains in movies. Immediately, the story reminded me of "Mi Amiguita Rosita" where Rosita was in the same situation, only this time about Mexican kids stereotypically wearing sombreros, and taking siestas by a cactus next to their pet burros.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was very impressed with that episode and the usage of Rosita as a whole this season. While being Hispanic certainly shouldn't be what the character is only about, they seem to forget virtually any of that for the character in the past few seasons, just using her character because Elmo needed someone to talk to and Carmen was on set that day.

Rosita is a very strong character and role model for both girls and Latinos. Much more so than that overrated Dora. I was really happy they used her for her cultural aspects and merits of her own character rather than being another friend of Elmo, or the third girl in the show.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Oh wow. Because Kevin's Elmo seemed slightly off in that appearance, to me at least. Something about the voice. That's why I thought it was Dillon, it was similar enough but slightly off.

Yeah. I noticed a difference in the voice too. Maybe Kevin just had a cold when he recorded that segment or something. You never know.