Weirdest Things You've Heard People Say About Muppets

TwoHeadedLlama

Reaction score
So I looked around for a thread like this, couldn't find one, so I decided to make one.

What are the weirdest things you've ever heard people say about the Muppets?

I use youtube a lot, and it seems whenever there's a video of Kermit making an appearance on a TV show, it seems that every other comment is like 'I don't like Kermit's new voice'. :confused: :rolleyes:

Anyone else hear/read weird stuff like this?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
The comments section of a clip from the Alice Cooper episode of the Muppet Show (I'm paraphrasing)

"OMG! This is NOT for kids!"
"How could Sesame Street get away with this!"
"This can't be from the Muppet Show"
(and in respone to the previous comment) "You're right. It's actually from Fraggle Rock".

...I kid you not.

TwoHeadedLlama

Reaction score
The comments section of a clip from the Alice Cooper episode of the Muppet Show (I'm paraphrasing)

(and in respone to the previous comment) "You're right. It's actually from Fraggle Rock".

...I kid you not.

Oscarfan

Reaction score

...I kid you not.

Pretty sure that's just sarcasm (the last comment especially).

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm watching MTI and someone comes in during the "Sailing For Adventure" scene

TV: Margaritas at the midnight buffet

Person: What, I though the muppets were for kids

Me: You Think

UGH! I hate the misconception that sheltering kids from alcohol references is a thing we need to do. Seriously, I watched one of those Netflix Turbo cartoons, and I freaking applauded that they referenced wine in a gourmet setting.n I freaking love how in the Avengers cartoon, you still see the bar at Stark Tower. It's never used or referenced, but always in the background.

mr3urious

Reaction score
UGH! I hate the misconception that sheltering kids from alcohol references is a thing we need to do. Seriously, I watched one of those Netflix Turbo cartoons, and I freaking applauded that they referenced wine in a gourmet setting.n I freaking love how in the Avengers cartoon, you still see the bar at Stark Tower. It's never used or referenced, but always in the background.
Chowder used a few references to wine in the same context, too.

galagr

Reaction score
I heard someone in the theater during MMW say "Muppet ladder? What episode of The Muppet Show was that from?".

Now, from a Muppet fan point of view, that question is ridiculous. However, from a casual fan/ normal moviegoer, it seems like a perfectly reasonable question. Kermit did say it didn't work quite a few years back, so maybe they really did think it was from a past production.