Weirdest Things You've Heard People Say About Muppets

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
One day, I was reading one of the best Muppet websites ever called ToughPigs, and somebody called Mikey Pajamas wanted to know if he wanted to see MMW, so one of the people who write for ToughPigs showed him articles with different themes comparing TM with MMW. There was one little section with a thene that said " Don't Listen To This Guy", and a news reporter said " Jason Segal's script was much simpler, and much better.":confused:

sofiasaldanha

Reaction score
I was seeing the muppets on TV and my grandfather said: They would be more cutest without the masks!
And I told him that they were puppets and don't use masks and my grandfather was like: Really?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I was seeing the muppets on TV and my grandfather said: They would be more cutest without the masks!
And I told him that they were puppets and don't use masks and my grandfather was like: Really?
What Muppet project were you watching?

Janice+Floyd<3

Reaction score
I've had people who ask me my interests and I always say I adored the muppets ever since I was little and got snarky comments like
'Theyre so creepy how could you stand them as kid?'
'Its so inappropriate sometimes'
'Youre weird'

BeakerJanice

Reaction score
I've had people who ask me my interests and I always say I adored the muppets ever since I was little and got snarky comments like
'Theyre so creepy how could you stand them as kid?'
'Its so inappropriate sometimes'
'Youre weird'
OMG!A friend said also:,,I find them creepy!"Yes,some Muppets are a little Bit creepy....But they are so lovebale And no,You're Not weird

Skekayuk

Reaction score
I remember one time I went to Barbican Cinema One to see a Concert Staging (one of the Lost Musicals), and there were a couple of elderly gentlemen sitting next to me, I did not know them, but we got talking. And ended up talking about one particular performer who was sometimes in those shows and these two gentlemen were rather slagging off that particular lady's dress senss and hair style, so I said "Yes well I always think she looks like a Muppet". At which the two gentlemen appeared shocked and said "Ooooh better not tell her that". Yet I think my comment was compairing her style to The Muppets was rather more reasonable than some of the things they had been saying, especially given that the performer concerned happened to have worked with The Muppets.

Eyeball

Reaction score
Whilst watching an episode of the muppet show a couple months back My mother walked in and said that I should stop watching such "childish nonsense" and watch something about "real people with real problems", I insisted to her that it's not just for children but she remained unconvinced, I swear people are way too quick to judge what's childish on its looks and don't bother to actually watch and appreciate things anymore.