Best/Worst songs from Muppet films

Beakerfan

Reaction score
I was disappointed with the majority of the songs in GMC...

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Muppet Treasure Island
Favorite: Love Led Us Here
Least favorite: Something Better
I guess ABC didn't like that one either since they edited out the whole song in their airing of that one. Lol.

sofiasaldanha

Reaction score
My Favorite song from Muppets Most Wanted is "Something So Right "
my least favorite is "Working in the Coal Mine".

Princeton

Reaction score
***Muppets Most Wanted***
Best: The Interrogation
Worst: I'll Get You What You Want

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
Is there a "Top 10 Muppet Movie Songs" thread on this forum? This thread got me wondering how I'd rank my ten favourites and then led me to an interesting conclusion about my favourite Muppet movie songs.

Specifically: Choosing a favourite song (from Muppet movies or ANY movies) is one thing, but sometimes a song's presentation in a movie can go a long way towards cementing it as a classic musical movie moment.

For example, here (off the top of my head) is my Top-10 List of Favourite Songs From Muppet Movies:

1. Rainbow Connection (TMM)
2. I'm Going To Go Back There Someday (TMM)
3. Movin' Right Along (TMM)
4. Hey A Movie (GMC)
5. I Hope That Something Better Comes Along (TMM)
6. Life's A Happy Song (TM2011)
7. We're Doing A Sequel (MMW)
8. Man or Muppet (TM2011)
9. Couldn't We Ride (GMC)
10. Happiness Hotel (GMC)

But you'll notice that the selections change when I present (again, off the top of my head) my Top-10 List of Favourite Musical Moments From Muppet Movies:

1. Rainbow Connection (TMM)
2. Hey A Movie (GMC)
3. Piggy's Fantasy (GMC)
4. Movin' Right Along (TMM)
5. Man or Muppet (TM2011)
6. Couldn't We Ride (GMC)
7. Life's A Happy Song (TM2011)
8. I'm Going To Go Back There Someday (TMM)
9. We're Doing A Sequel (MMW)
10. Something So Right (MMW)

I should also point out that "Me Party" came very close to making both lists, and with the second list I had to think long and hard before leaving off "Never Before and Never Again," with its crazy visuals of Kermit/Piggy's imagined courtship, and "I'm Number One," with the great puppetry in Constantine's dance number with Ricky Gervais.

Just a little food for thought, gang - it's one thing to enjoy a song for its music alone and quite another to enjoy it for its presentation in a movie, Muppety or otherwise.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really can't chose from MMW... I really liked all the songs in that one. There's no song on the level of Man or Muppet, but on the other hand, no song nearly as weak as "Me Party."

But I'd have to go with Maybe favorite I'll get you what you Want and Least Favorite, God I Hope I get It (with the understanding that it was a throwaway bit to give the prison show subplot some development).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
For MMW, even though I really didn't enjoy it, I would probably say We're Doing a Sequel is my favorite.

I won't get into worst, I've already said enough about this film, lol. :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Hey look, the next time you're disapointed in a movie I'll let you rant as much as you want. :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey, even I managed to like Naptime and The Witch is in the House from that...thing I shall not name.

As much as the lyrics to The Witch are actually pretty disturbing for a Muppet Movie.

:sleep: "they're pretty disturbing for a Saw movie!"