Is Gonzo Being phased out?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Honestly even though Gonzo's phasing out that's the least of the muppet problems. Rizzo seems to have been bumped out of the gang. Though he's prominent in LGATMHS and had a line in the toyata commercial I'm not sure whether or not he'll have a prominent role in MMW. At least we can be certain he'll have one line (I'm just about to read the MMW novel so I'll find out soon). Also here's one thing you have to choose. Would you like to see Gonzo as basically the star of the movie and act out of character *cough* MFS and LTS *cough*. Or wouldn't we like to see Gonzo in perfect character in a smaller role, but still in a main role like in TMM, TMTM, IAVMMCM, and my favorite scenes with Gonzo, GMC. Think about this friends --:smile: Juliet Prowse. But the tiny amount of Gonzo in TM is much too horrible. Gonzo needs a supporting role but all we saw him in this film is head bowling and getting Gonzo back scene. Just sad. Hope Goelz gets his groove back.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Honestly even though Gonzo's phasing out that's the least of the muppet problems. Rizzo seems to have been bumped out of the gang. Though he's prominent in LGATMHS and had a line in the toyata commercial I'm not sure whether or not he'll have a prominent role in MMW. At least we can be certain he'll have one line (I'm just about to read the MMW novel so I'll find out soon). Also here's one thing you have to choose. Would you like to see Gonzo as basically the star of the movie and act out of character *cough* MFS and LTS *cough*. Or wouldn't we like to see Gonzo in perfect character in a smaller role, but still in a main role like in TMM, TMTM, IAVMMCM, and my favorite scenes with Gonzo, GMC. Think about this friends --:smile: Juliet Prowse. But the tiny amount of Gonzo in TM is much too horrible. Gonzo needs a supporting role but all we saw him in this film is head bowling and getting Gonzo back scene. Just sad. Hope Goelz gets his groove back.
After you read the MMW novel PM me. I wanna know if you liked it

Muppet Master

Reaction score
After you read the MMW novel PM me. I wanna know if you liked it
I already did, I posted it on your conversation. Alos Gonzo didn't seem to (unfortunately) have much of a main role, but that's just the book, and they obviously don't go in depth about his acts like the running of the bulls or his songs, so maybe Gonzo'll will have a large role again. We'll just have to wait until the week after pi day friday a.k.a MMW day!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
So after watching MMW, people GONZO'S PHASING OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

muppetlover123

Reaction score
So after watching MMW, people GONZO'S PHASING OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uhh Gonzo was in it more then the last movie..... so im happy for the amount of time he gets in MMW... plus he had like MTI MCC and MFS with so many Gonzo lines that im ok with his roles being minimized a bit. It gives room for characters who have been recast and sound amazing :smile:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Uhh Gonzo was in it more then the last movie..... so im happy for the amount of time he gets in MMW... plus he had like MTI MCC and MFS with so many Gonzo lines that im ok with his roles being minimized a bit. It gives room for characters who have been recast and sound amazing :smile:
That's a good point, but I feel that Gonzo should be up there with the main ones and crucial to the plot. I don't want him to be all over the place like he was in MCC, MTI, and MFS, I mean I don't mind it but save room for others. I also don't want him being on the muppet bench like Robin and Janice and only having one or two quick scenes and there he goes. The muppet films that had just the right amount of Gonzo were TMM, GMC, TMTM, and VMX (in my opinion).

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Hate to break it to you all but let's face it Gonzo is getting up there in age if you know what I mean. Even Kermit, it's sad the more time passes the more real it is that people like Steve, and Dave won't be doing this forever. Steve is already 54 going on 55 and Dave is 68. Might not seem old but their not getting any younger either.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Hate to break it to you all but let's face it Gonzo is getting up there in age if you know what I mean. Even Kermit, it's sad the more time passes the more real it is that people like Steve, and Dave won't be doing this forever. Steve is already 54 going on 55 and Dave is 68. Might not seem old but their not getting any younger either.
Carol's passing 80 yrs. and he's still performing both Oscar and Big Bird. We know that the muppet performers aren't exactly spry chickens anymore, but that doesn't mean their characters are phasing out, sure MMW might be the last muppet film Dave'll work on sadly :frown: :sympathy:, but it's not like he's sick like Jerry was. Age doesn't matter if you're healthy.