The Rick and Morty thread

mr3urious

Reaction score
Just watched the first episode of this new Adult Swim show, and I'm liking what I see. Imagine, if you will, a crazy alcoholic Doc Brown going on weird and dangerous adventures with his grandson in tow, and both are voiced by the Earl of Lemongrab. That's Rick and Morty in a nutshell.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not only did the voice of Lemongrab voice the main character... looks like he's one of the creators, too.

I just caught the 4 episodes that aired, and I find them ACCEPTIBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Seriously. THIS is how you do it, Adult Swim. Adult situations that work in cartoon form. not just a bunch of old pop culture references with adult jokes slapped in or being offensive for offensiveness sake. Really... Rick and Morty and Venture Bros. More stuff like that.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Now the season has ended, and what better way to end it with a wild party?

No surprise to me that Rick is such a party animal. But what is surprising is how many friends he has throughout the universe. :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
While I can't post it here, I noticed something...

There's a pre-Rick and Morty "Doc and Mahrti" web cartoon that's about SCUD the Disposable Assassin. And as such, the plotline of SCUD is for the assassins to deactivate and die when they're finished with their mission.

Now, considering that, the Mr. Meeseeks episode seems to be referencing that idea. Took me a while to get that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Forgot to watch most of the last batch of episodes, and I caught one I skipped over last night (I went straight to the alternate dimension Television episode). I was very impressed. They referenced Zardoz. But then again, with this kind of television show, and that kind of writing, it shouldn't have been such a big surprise in hindsight.

Drtooth

Reaction score
YAY! The DVD has been announced.

The commentaries and deleted scenes sound great. I'm sure there's no way they're going to put some of the original BTTF parody shorts on there, especially the one about Scud or the one with Garfield. But the slipcase designed by the creators sounds amazing.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I actually LOVE this show and you can bet I'll be picking up that DVD or perhaps Blu ray set.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Whaddaya Know! Rick and Morty had a nod to Gravity Falls (of which R&M creator Justin Roiland does a couple voices in)

That's a Mystery Shack souvenir mug.

mr3urious

Reaction score
The 2nd season finally premiered with the first 2 episodes, and I'd say the one with the multiple outcomes occurring simultaneously must have took a heck of a long time to animate, as each one is slightly different from the other.