Muppet fic: Once in a Lifetime

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
I'm just liking the story all around :big_grin: Though Fleet...oh, I see he's up to something and I'm hoping Piggy gives him another 1-2 punch or Sam uses his giant badge to twat the guy.

I hate Fleet. Yeah, can't deny that now

Slackbot

Reaction score
Oh dear. I can't believe that typo made it past the forum censorbot.

Yes, Fleet is definitely up to something: paying his rent. At this point I think everyone should be grateful that Fleet wasn't listening to Sam and Scooter's conversation; he might have heard something that a lot of people missed.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You mean there's something in the last few posts that can be filed under the "Getting Crap Past the Radar" trope? Will have to ask Jan to call it up on the Instant Replay cam.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Oh dear. I can't believe that typo made it past the forum censorbot.

Yes, Fleet is definitely up to something: paying his rent. At this point I think everyone should be grateful that Fleet wasn't listening to Sam and Scooter's conversation; he might have heard something that a lot of people missed.
I....think I also missed it unless it was the word gay, though that couldn't be it.... *rushes back to read it again*

Slackbot

Reaction score
You mean there's something in the last few posts that can be filed under the "Getting Crap Past the Radar" trope? Will have to ask Jan to call it up on the Instant Replay cam.
Nah, I wouldn't say so. Not that I'm above such sneakiness; I've had Fraggles use "guano" as an expletive.

And don't try to get Jan to rat me out. He won't do it. He knows which side his bread is buttered on.

I....think I also missed it unless it was the word gay, though that couldn't be it.... *rushes back to read it again*
"Gay" is just an adjective. You'd think Sam would use the more formal, clinical-sounding "homosexual," but for some reason he declined to.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
More like Jan knows which side his where his chocolate chips come from. S'alright, Ima just waiting for the next installment. At least my own fic's 90% finished, just waiting on my Beta to review and suggest some "improvements" before editing and posting. Maybe then I can get on with a couple of other pet projects calling my attention.
*Leaves some chip-filled brownies for Kim and Jan.

Slackbot

Reaction score
[Janken grabs the brownies and leaves a thank-you note in their place. He starts to bring them to Kim, then remembers something and puts all but one in the fridge, to wait for the time when she's ready to eat real food again. Then, job well done, he eats the one.]

I'm hoping the writing will go faster now. I'm past the trouble spot, where I was having a hard time arranging the events so they would fire on sequence. Of course, the next few chapters will take place mostly at the theater during the next two shows, so I still have that headache to deal with.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Okey dokey artichoky. My own fic's pretty much wrapped up, ready to go any time this week.

Slackbot

Reaction score
[Janken pops up]

Janken: Did someone say artichoke? I have the melted butter right bere!

Kim: Where do you get butter in a cave?

Janken: One, same place we get milk that we don't cry over when it's spilt, and two, I'm in Outer Space now, where butter is abundant. I have to watch where I step to keep from slipping on it.

Kim: You're turning into a real wiseacre, aren't you?

Janken: Whose fault is that?