Looking into getting a graphics tablet, any suggestions?

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
I've decided that I want to get a graphics tablet. This will be my first one, and I'm not quite sure where to start. I would prefer something that isn't terribly expensive and that is simple to use , because I still don't really know how they work. I'm not sure exactly how much I'll be able to spend on it; depending on the feedback that I receive, I may wait and save up, or spend the money I currently have. I don't care if it's an older model so long as it works. My laptop runs windows seven. If anybody can give me any suggestions, that would be great.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Any of Wacom's lower end tablets are nice. I have a Bamboo Pen (though I think their their Bamboo line might have been discontinued). The cheaper ones are still a bit pricey though, ranging from about 60 to 70 bucks. I would check amazon as they seem to be cheaper than buying it directly from wacom.

Then you have to look around for painting programs you like. SAI is good and you can easily get the full version for free if you look hard enough.

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
Could you explain what SAI is? I have been living in a cave and surviving on windows paint.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
its a more advanced program than paint that allows for layers, different kinds pf brushes...stuff like that. I like the stabilizer it has that smooths your lines as you draw...for lack of a better way to describe it. Of course, an art program with lots of fancy features isn't going to magically make your art better. You have to practice.

I, unfortunately, suck at art. Doesnt stop me from trying though :stick_out_tongue:

Slackbot

Reaction score
I have a Wacom Bamboo and I love it. It was quite reasonably priced and, yeah, I got it from Amazon.