Help! Gonzo!

Muppetlab

Reaction score
No problem :smile:
I usually spray paint the inside of them.. Kinda makes for a nicer finish

Slackbot

Reaction score
Wow, that is a nifty idea! I'll have to try that. Thanks for the tip.

FunnyBear

Reaction score
What color should I use for the nose? A friend said to use cheap foam and cover it with fleece.

Derek Thompson

Reaction score
Gonzo's nose and lower lip are sculpted reticulated foam that has then been airbrushed. The MR version has fabric over the nose but it looks a little off to me. what ever gets you the result that says "Gonzo" to you is going to be fine. people use all kinds of different foam and fabric and Gonzo himself has changed his look from picture to picture so the is definitely wiggle room.

FunnyBear

Reaction score
Gonzo's nose and lower lip are sculpted reticulated foam that has then been airbrushed. The MR version has fabric over the nose but it looks a little off to me. what ever gets you the result that says "Gonzo" to you is going to be fine. people use all kinds of different foam and fabric and Gonzo himself has changed his look from picture to picture so the is definitely wiggle room.
Yeah. Since I don't have an airbrush, I might paint it. Have you seen anyone who's done that? Also, where did you find his clothes? Particularly, the sweater vest

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Floral spray paint works well on foam. Try hyacinth as a base colour and touch it up with navy acrylic paint

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Umm, MuppetLabs? What kind of foam is that?
Its a chunk of packaging foam. Its not great as its not very flexible but i used it to practise carving. Ive since gon a block or reticulated foamthat i plan to use to make him again

Derek Thompson

Reaction score
Do mind if I ask where you got your block of foam and what size they have. I am still trying to get a decent block of foam for his head sculpt.