Votes: 18 9.9%
  • 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well to be fair Fozzie has been getting dumbed down by writers since 1996 in MTI, and in the commentary for the movie Brian even talks about how it did not sit well with Frank Oz. So it's not just these writers, this is something that has been going on for a long time.
Oh absolutely, you're right. It didn't start with these writers. I just wish it could have ended with them, lol.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well I think the only way it would be able to stop now is if the Muppets have there own TV show, and there they would have time to develop and re-develop the Muppsts. I think they also need to have a new head writer like Jerry was back when the Muppet Show was on the air. To have so many people come in and write for the Muppets these last few years has done more damage to who they truly are then any good.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well I think the only way it would be able to stop now is if the Muppets have there own TV show
Agreed, even the casual fans I speak to immediately mention that. The reason the Muppets started doing films in the first place is because they had such a huge following on Television.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I don't think it needs to be exactly like the Muppet Show though. It needs to be something that will bring all of the Muppets out and able to shine though. So maybe it does need to be like the Muppet Show for that to really happen. The question is would America, and the world watch a variety show like that now a days?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The question for me is do I want the Muppets copying what is currently popular on Television. ::shudder:: Lol

I think we all know the answer to that, I mean look what happend with the Lady Gaga show, and studio DC. I almost think the Muppets would do better just having a web series or something.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
First of all, all I'm gonna say about Walter is he was the first Muppet created under the Disney name. So, I'll let you all piece together that puzzle on why he might be honing in on Scooter's territory a bit. Second about James Bobin it's interesting because supposedly he was this huge Muppet fan and even talks about watching TMS with his dad when he was younger but maybe he should go back and rewatch TMS again.

Honestly considering how the movie has faired which isn't good I would be beyond surprised at this point if Disney even wanted to do a tv special with them. Kermit even said in several interviews well if you want to see another MS then you'll need to help us with sales for this one. :/

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Which is sad because as great as this movie was, that was still some things missing. Plus it just did not do so well in the box office. Maybe it's DVD/Blu-ray sales will be better.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I don't know how much it would've helped sales but I think if they had marketed not just the whole Constantine replacing Kermit bit but also showing more of the "wedding" it might've had a different outcome. Even if it was just showing Piggy in her wedding dress and as a cliffhanger they could've marketed "and will Kermit and Piggy finally say I do?" Or something like that. Might be more in vain for me to say but I feel like if they had emphasized more the Kermit and Piggy relationship and the Muppets in general instead of Constantine and Ricky Gervais it might've had a different outcome. I do think Ricky being in it hurt sales. a lot too. I read a lot of people were just turned off by him being in a Muppet movie.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well maybe or they could have gone in a completely different direction entirely. I hope I'm not letting anything out, but the last time I talked to Jim Lewis witch was about a year ago, he told me him and Frank Oz had been working on a movie script, but Disney went with the writers for Muppets Most Wanted.