Fraggle Rock Movie Gets Screenwriters (Hollywood Reporter)

lazesummestone

Reaction score
If you're not going to be more specific "then" that, then when will you be more specific? :laugh:

Methinks you meant to say "more specific "than" that" instead.

BTW: Where's RedPiggy to speculate on the possibility that Cotterpin got promoted to Chief Doozer of Doozer Creek, and has two children Doozers named "Spike" and Daisywheel?
:wink: at fannish theories.

Bah! You caught me! :embarrassed:

lazesummestone

Reaction score
But actually, there were quite a lot of people asking whats happening with Fraggle rock and a movie. So.. maybe at the very least Brian is having to wade through a lot of Fraggle-related questions, which will confirm there's still interest in those characters!

Slackbot

Reaction score
That comment could be taken to mean anything from "We're filming it as we speak!" to "We're looking into hiring a focus group to determine whether anyone still remembers what Fraggles are." Seriously, Brian ain't gonna shoot the franchise in the foot and say "We gave up on that and are focusing our energies on things which actually stand more than a snowball's chance in Hades." If he has nothing better to say he'll just come out with something vague.

Yeah, I'm cynical. If I turn out to be wrong I'll very happily eat my words.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The only people I know who actually enjoy eating their own words are the members of King Azaz's court.
:insatiable: Me rather eat cookies instead.
:excited: Or radish bars.
Or a toasted crunchy peanut butter sandwich with plenty of pickles in it. What. I like peanut butter and pickles.
:concern: Wow, I thought I was the only one who liked that, and don't forget the jalapeños.
:shifty: Ugh, the food you guys eat.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh Casper, you might want to read the entire thread before jumping for joy. This thing has been such a production development nightmare that everyone here just rolls their eyes when talk of an FR movie starts up again.

CasperNewburger

Reaction score
oops, effectively, I've jumped in it too fast. Usually, when it's nightmarish, either it will never be made or it will but with bad script.

lazesummestone

Reaction score
I'm still hopeful, only cause I know something truly incredible can be done! But maybe it's just me!

Shade601

Reaction score
I hate to pooh-pooh this, as in theory it sounds like such a fabulous idea, but.........I really kind of want them to leave it alone.

I'll still go see it, if it happens. Obviously. But then I'm pretty sure I'll go home and cry in my soup. It ain't broke. Don't fix it.