Playhouse Muppet Videos

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I recently found this, a YouTube "closing to Children's Songs and Stories with the Muppets":

But the promo shown advertises the first seven videos, instead of the first four. It makes me wonder if later printings of the videos had longer promos (there are some videos I've rented and later owned which while still the same releases had different opening promos, two examples being Three Ninjas and Homeward Bound).

What's weird is that this is obviously somebody holding a camera at a computer screen, but of the two copies of Children's Songs and Stories that I've seen on YouTube, neither of them has the promo included.
Sorry to bring up a really old thread, but several months ago, I got a copy of "Muppet Treasures" from eBay. At the end, I was expecting to see all the videos shown here, but much to my surprise, the remaining 3 videos where show. So, yeah, I wanna say that later printings of the videos had longer promos.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Now all of The Muppet Revue (all in one part instead of split into multiple videos) is on YouTube.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Oops, wrong video. I should have stayed on the page after replying to make sure it was the right link so I could have edited...

But here's the right link... I hope....

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Oh, well it's OK! We all know what Big Bird said back in Season 2! Either way, I apologize for my rudeness in the previous post.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
After watching all of Rock Music with the Muppets for the first time in years, here are some thoughts:
1. At the beginning, Dr. Teeth calls Beaker his "incompetent engineer". Aside from calling him incompetent, is this some kind of play-on-words?
2. The introduction to "Don't Blame the Dynamite" is a little odd. After making his song cue line, Dr. Teeth laughs and Beaker reacts like it's a bad pun. But I thought the song was written especially for the show, and not one that's been done multiple times. Seems like a somewhat odd joke to make before that song.
3. Before "I Hear the Earth Move", Beaker is clearly singing "Feelings" when he thinks Dr. Teeth is introducing him, but is the song Beaker tries to sing before "School's Out" an actual song?
4. During the introduction to "Yakkity Yak", it seems like Dr. Teeth is nervous when he says "you're probably wondering what Beaker is going to play next".Maybe he's anticipating another explosion. But maybe it'd be better if that introduction had them arguing (similar to the earlier "I don't care if you don't do windows, clean it up" argument earlier) leading to Dr. Teeth telling Beaker "don't talk back".
5. Is Dr. Teeth's "I leave for five seconds and the fox is in the chicken house" line before the final song supposed to be an expression?
6. I used to wonder if this videos setting was supposed to be a music video show or a radio show (in Country Music with the Muppets it's clearly a music video show), but then in the last introduction Beaker is holding a record (or is it a 45?), so it must be a radio show.
7. Has anybody ever tried to track down what's in all those pictures in the recording studio? Muppet Wiki points out images of Frank Oz and Richard Hunt (it's a little weird that two Muppet performers were pictured alongside pictures of guest stars), but there's also Alice Cooper, Elton John (too bad none of his numbers are included), I think Johnny Cash, I think Buddy Rich, I think Jean Stapleton, and a few that I'm not sure of, such as an image of Fozzie with a female guest star (can't tell if it's Raquel Welch, Diana Ross, Gladys Knight, or somebody else), Miss Piggy with who I think is either Jonathan Winters or Jean-Pierre Rampal, an image of Mahna Mahna and the Snowths, and a picture of Fozzie without any guest stars.
8. Aside from the listed set of guest stars on each respective video, I thought that the credits were all the same on each video, but this one also lists "Graham Fletcher as Fletcher Bird" after the performer credits. It's especially interesting that they credited Fletcher considering that all the videos (that I've seen) list the same eight Muppet performers (Henson, Oz, Nelson, Hunt, Goelz, Gold, Whitmire, and Mullen) but never any other performers, even though the various videos do include performances by Eren Ozker, John Lovelady, Peter Friedman, Fran Brill, and others.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
After watching all of Rock Music with the Muppets for the first time in years, here are some thoughts:
1. At the beginning, Dr. Teeth calls Beaker his "incompetent engineer". Aside from calling him incompetent, is this some kind of play-on-words?
2. The introduction to "Don't Blame the Dynamite" is a little odd. After making his song cue line, Dr. Teeth laughs and Beaker reacts like it's a bad pun. But I thought the song was written especially for the show, and not one that's been done multiple times. Seems like a somewhat odd joke to make before that song.
3. Before "I Hear the Earth Move", Beaker is clearly singing "Feelings" when he thinks Dr. Teeth is introducing him, but is the song Beaker tries to sing before "School's Out" an actual song?
4. During the introduction to "Yakkity Yak", it seems like Dr. Teeth is nervous when he says "you're probably wondering what Beaker is going to play next".Maybe he's anticipating another explosion. But maybe it'd be better if that introduction had them arguing (similar to the earlier "I don't care if you don't do windows, clean it up" argument earlier) leading to Dr. Teeth telling Beaker "don't talk back".
5. Is Dr. Teeth's "I leave for five seconds and the fox is in the chicken house" line before the final song supposed to be an expression?
6. I used to wonder if this videos setting was supposed to be a music video show or a radio show (in Country Music with the Muppets it's clearly a music video show), but then in the last introduction Beaker is holding a record (or is it a 45?), so it must be a radio show.
7. Has anybody ever tried to track down what's in all those pictures in the recording studio? Muppet Wiki points out images of Frank Oz and Richard Hunt (it's a little weird that two Muppet performers were pictured alongside pictures of guest stars), but there's also Alice Cooper, Elton John (too bad none of his numbers are included), I think Johnny Cash, I think Buddy Rich, I think Jean Stapleton, and a few that I'm not sure of, such as an image of Fozzie with a female guest star (can't tell if it's Raquel Welch, Diana Ross, Gladys Knight, or somebody else), Miss Piggy with who I think is either Jonathan Winters or Jean-Pierre Rampal, an image of Mahna Mahna and the Snowths, and a picture of Fozzie without any guest stars.
8. Aside from the listed set of guest stars on each respective video, I thought that the credits were all the same on each video, but this one also lists "Graham Fletcher as Fletcher Bird" after the performer credits. It's especially interesting that they credited Fletcher considering that all the videos (that I've seen) list the same eight Muppet performers (Henson, Oz, Nelson, Hunt, Goelz, Gold, Whitmire, and Mullen) but never any other performers, even though the various videos do include performances by Eren Ozker, John Lovelady, Peter Friedman, Fran Brill, and others.

1. It's moreso supposed to be a somewhat alliterative phrase.
2. It's because it's a forced segue.
3. He's also singing "Feelings" there.
4. Probably because Beaker was messing up the whole video and his taste in music doesn't seem very "hip"
5. It means he's where he shouldn't be. Foxes in chicken coops tend to be trouble, exactly what Beaker would be out of the booth (ironically).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
3. He's also singing "Feelings" there.
Oh. I thought the tune sounded a little different (I thought maybe he was singing some sort of opera), but then again, he also only sang a few words before Dr. Teeth interrupted him.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Another observation about "Rock Music" is that Beaker makes a LOT more explosions than I had remembered. I thought he only made explosions in the intro to "Don't Blame the Dynamite" (and mistakenly thought that was when Dr. Teeth told Beaker to promise he'll never do that again before Beaker accidentally does) and during the end credits (and I was thinking that some explosions went off in Dr. Teeth's part of the room, instead of just behind the glass where Beaker was).

Maybe it's due to the window being dirty from explosions combined with Beaker in smoke and perhaps the quality of the video that was uploaded, but it seems like during the credits Beakers pupils get smaller or missing. Might just be me.

And the times when we hear Dr. Teeth introduce a segment via voice-over does make it hard to hear the beginning of the songs. So radio DJs do talk over the beginning of songs (though they usually stop when the singing begins), but did music video VJs do this as well? I'm a little surprised Country Music with the Muppets didn't have Rowlf introduce clips via voice over.