When you need to rant...

Drtooth

Reaction score
The one time...ONE TIME I need it to snow, it doesn't. (someone was going to pay me to clean up their sidewalk and drive way while they were gone, if you wanna know... and I could have used that money)

But HEY! At least I got a whole week's worth of 20 below normal temperatures to keep me inside instead. And it's dry enough to further turn my skin into bleeding, cracking sandpaper.

And I don't mean the British cuss word "bleeding" I mean, my hands crack from the dryness that bad. Which is, quite honestly, one of the main reasons I'm cranky during the winter. I hand lotion so many times a day and it barely works.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The one time...ONE TIME I need it to snow, it doesn't. (someone was going to pay me to clean up their sidewalk and drive way while they were gone, if you wanna know... and I could have used that money)
Hey, I needed it to snow that day I was filming Steve's Canned Florida Sunshine commercial, and it didn't.

Then a week later we had that blizzard.

cjd874

Reaction score
It's JUST TOO COLD in New York right now. The cold is biting right through my coat, scarf, hat, and gloves. I'm from the area, but seriously it has GOT TO STOP.

At least the building where I have my 11:00 class had a huge spread up front with coffee, tea, and bagels, as if to say, "You made it here in sub freezing temperatures! This one's on us. Enjoy!" That was good.

Back to ranting, only three of the five elevators in my building are working, so that's causing a huge amount of traffic and inconvenience for lots of people.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It's JUST TOO COLD in New York right now. The cold is biting right through my coat, scarf, hat, and gloves. I'm from the area, but seriously it has GOT TO STOP.

At least the building where I have my 11:00 class had a huge spread up front with coffee, tea, and bagels, as if to say, "You made it here in sub freezing temperatures! This one's on us. Enjoy!" That was good.

Back to ranting, only three of the five elevators in my building are working, so that's causing a huge amount of traffic and inconvenience for lots of people.
I know the deal, I'm in the same deep-freeze. But a few flights of stairs might help warm you up.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Is it just me, or do people really not know what it is to have a REALLY bad film any more? It seems like (and yes, I'm beating a dead horse into pulp with this one) when a movie's a slight disappointment or they do one thing that rubs them the wrong way, it's the WORST THING EVER!!!

Moving off the obvious example...

The Dark Knight Rises. Not the film Nolan wanted to make, he clearly choked under the pressure and everything... but you know 2 movies where the Batsuit had nipples still exist. But hey, that film was so awful for some reason, everyone forgot that.

Then the last Superman movie. OMG! He kills people and there's a city of destruction. Clearly, we can forget how much of a piece of garbage that the last 3 Superman films before it were.

The Second New Star Trek. AHHH! Female fanservice in a series that constantly featured Kirk getting lucky with the random female alien that was always there. UNFORGIVABLE!

And my personal favorite... Iron Man 3 was terrible because they changed a racist character to something less racist and more modern, you know... because comic books have never changed an aspect of a character ever.

KingR76

Reaction score
Two months ago all us tenants received a letter telling us to keep the communal hallway clear of rubbish/obstructions and not to leave anything in them.

My next door neighbour has her wheelchair (which she has never used) outside my door (which because of how its placed is a potential fire hazard) plus her small step ladder.

From what I can gather the housing officer has spoken to her about this but STILL she keeps her stuff in the hallway and guesses she's above the law? Of course its left up to me to take out her trash bags otherwise the whole hall stinks up.

* NB. We haven't spoken in several months.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Forum members need to realize that RPG threads are still game threads and should be cleared with mods first through the proper channels. So stop posting them as thinly-veiled fanfics when they're not even fics in the first place! ! !

Drtooth

Reaction score
The latest in a batch of McDonalds Happy Meal toys are complete garbage. The Spider-Man 2 set was terrible, the Pokemon set (even though I detest the franchise-'cept for Meowth) is atrocious, and the How to Train Your Dragon 2 set is disgraceful. What the heck happened to having figures in the promotion? The Skylanders/MLP:FIM promo was excellent. The Skylanders were exactly what I expect out of a Kid's meal toy. And ..eh..the Ponies were good, I guess.

And I complain as a collector of these things. Have a really nice collection, actually.