"I Am Big Bird: The Caroll Spinney Story" documentary in development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopped Liver

Reaction score
What you are seeing above you is the poster for the film that has just been posted on Twitter.

Note: It is not the one that Caroll Spinney designed for the Kickstarter campaign.
Nonetheless, that is a pretty cool-looking poster!

Rymoore21

Reaction score
I just bought tickets to the showing at Montclair Kimberly Academy in New Jersey on May 3. Tickets are $14 each and Caroll and Deb will be there! I am so excited. Sorry I do not have a link handy but you should be able to find it if you google "Montclair Film Festival."

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I just bought tickets to the showing at Montclair Kimberly Academy in New Jersey on May 3. Tickets are $14 each and Caroll and Deb will be there! I am so excited. Sorry I do not have a link handy but you should be able to find it if you google "Montclair Film Festival."
I got my tickets too! It's three blocks away from where I used to live. They're expecting it to sell out fast. Hope to see you there.

SkeetScootSquat

Reaction score
Man I want to see this. Caroll is my 2nd fav performer, after you-know-who.

Rymoore21

Reaction score
I got my tickets too! It's three blocks away from where I used to live. They're expecting it to sell out fast. Hope to see you there.
fuzzygobo, are we friends on Facebook? Add me (https://www.facebook.com/Ryancmoore21) and maybe we can meet up at the show. I will be on a work trip in NYC so I will have a client with me (I take care of people with developmental disabilities.)

zns

Reaction score
I can't wait to see if any of the Muppet websites will post reviews about the film premiers in either Canada or New Jersey. The anticipation is really getting to me. Also looking forward to DVD/Blue-Ray release date. :wisdom::grouchy:

zns

Reaction score
Here's the latest Kickstatrter Update from the crew:

"Hey out there in Kickstarter Land!
So it has been almost a month since we last reached out to you guys. It's an exciting time here: we premiere I AM BIG BIRD on Sunday night! There's been lots going on behind the scenes, including being accepted into a number of festivals throughout the country. Sadly, many of these festivals have not announced their lineups publicly, so we can't tell you where they'll be. However, we can announce that I AM BIG BIRD will be a part of the Los Angeles Film Festival! You can see a complete listing of our public festival dates and times below. But let's deal with some business first.
WHEN WILL I GET MY DVD/DOWNLOAD/REWARD?
Great question. We spoke with our sales agent yesterday and they broke the bad news to us: until we have a distributor lined up, we can't distribute copies of the film. If we do, it jeopardizes the film's release. This knowledge is something we learned the hard way and we deeply apologize for over-promising. That said, rest assured that you will be the first people to receive copies of the film. Though our original estimate for the delivery of the film was off considerably, pledging to our Kickstarter campaign is still--without question--the fastest way to get your own copy of the film.
Other rewards are dependent on some original art from Caroll, which we're expecting to get next week. Once those designs are incorporated into the various rewards (t-shirts, swag bags, etc), we'll be able to give you a better timeline of when they'll ship. If your reward includes a DVD or BluRay, it will all arrive in one shipment. As soon as we have more exact dates, we'll share them.
VIDEO CHAT WITH CAROLL
If you're one of our backers that pledged to participate in a group video chat with Caroll, you should have received a few emails about it. The chat will be this Sunday and you should have a link in your inbox to join it.
REVIEWS
We've gotten some early reviews and they're great. We thought you'd enjoy seeing some of the better ones:
DORK SHELF (yep, that's the name)
THE GLOBE AND MAIL
THE TORONTO STAR
FESTIVALS
Finally, here's the most current information for all of our festival screenings:
HOT DOCS
DATE TIME VENUE
Sun., April 27 6:00 PM Bloor Hot Docs Cinema
Mon., April 28 11:00 AM Isabel Bader Theatre
Wed., April 30 1:30 PM TIFF Bell Lightbox 1
Thu., May 1 1:30 PM TIFF Bell Lightbox 1
Sun., May 4 4:00 PM Revue Cinema
Caroll Spinney and filmmakers expected to attend all screenings except for May 4. Get tickets here (premiere is sold out)!
MONTCLAIR FILM FESTIVAL
DATE TIME VENUE
Sat., May 3 1:00 PM Montclair Kimberley Academy
Caroll Spinney and filmmakers expected to attend. Get tickets here!
LOS ANGELES FILM FESTIVAL
DATE TIME VENUE
Sat., June 15 8:15 PM Grand Performances
Caroll Spinney and filmmakers expected to attend. Free! No tickets necessary!
If you can make it to one of these screenings, please come introduce yourself. We'd love to thank you in person!
Keep your eye out for fun updates from the festival circuit! Questions? Concerns? Love and praise? Email us at info@copperpotpictures.com.
Much love,
The I AM BIG BIRD CREW"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
WHEN WILL I GET MY DVD/DOWNLOAD/REWARD?
Great question. We spoke with our sales agent yesterday and they broke the bad news to us: until we have a distributor lined up, we can't distribute copies of the film. If we do, it jeopardizes the film's release. This knowledge is something we learned the hard way and we deeply apologize for over-promising. That said, rest assured that you will be the first people to receive copies of the film. Though our original estimate for the delivery of the film was off considerably, pledging to our Kickstarter campaign is still--without question--the fastest way to get your own copy of the film.

So, does this mean that, if no distributor picks it up (and they give up on looking), there won't be a DVD release at all?

Though I think it was said that a number of distributors had expressed interest before they started filming. Don't know if that would change after the film has completed (limiting any changes the distributor could demand).

Status
Not open for further replies.