What We'd Like to See for Old School Vol. 4

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Does any of the Old School DVD's have the adults believing Big Bird over Snuffy being real?

Well, volume 3 has episode 1836, which has a few scenes where Maria seems to believe that Snuffy is real (or at least is initially willing to check Big Bird's nest and later wait for Snuffy with Big Bird, before Olivia stops her). Even though reportedly the 16th season premiere involves Maria, Gordon, and Linda all deciding to believe Big Bird without evidence.

Hopefully we'll finally get a volume 4 in a year or so and can finally see that episode (or maybe we'll see it some other way).

Sprocket77

Reaction score
Here's what I want to see for the next Old School set.

clear the rights to the freaking theme song before you do anything else! Saying anything about the Old School 3 set is looking a gift horse in the mouth, sure... but it makes NO sense whatsoever that they can't clear their own theme song.
I wouldn't make a huge fuss over something like a theme song to be honest.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You realize what a HUGE embarrassment it is to not be able to afford the rights to your own theme song, right? In cases where it's an outside song that they have to pay for, that's understandable. Any case of an outside song will be a headache to renegotiate since even now with modern shows they still have to deal with the completely insane legal red tape, and failing at it because the copyright owners are greed driven.

But to have to go back and replace your own theme song that you should own with generic music is nothing short of depressing. You can get R2-D2 and various celebrities cleared, why not your own iconic theme tune? I understand not wanting to pay some Swedish entertainment company for the Owe Gustafson cartoons, and I understand having to drop outside songs, book readings, and celebrity appearances. But your own theme song?

Sprocket77

Reaction score
You realize what a HUGE embarrassment it is to not be able to afford the rights to your own theme song, right?
Yea it is odd to have no intro thing...if Sesame Workshop actually plans to release Old School Vol. 4, hopefully they have the theme song so some people can finally be happy. :stick_out_tongue:

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
What I would like to see is NOT TOO MUCH ELMO, you see, I am putting that in capital letters, so it's attention-getting. One more thing, if there is some Kermit News Flashes in there, that would be good, too. Also, I love Don Music, and this was, like, his era. But, NOT TOO MUCH ELMO. Maybe, just maybe, there could be like some behind-the-scenes footage like in 40 Years of Sunny Days, but NOT TOO MUCH ELMO. I hope I made my message clear.

zns

Reaction score
I certainly hope we hear something about it at some point soon. I wonder how far Sesame Workshop will go with releasing the Old School sets?

Drtooth

Reaction score
What I would like to see is NOT TOO MUCH ELMO, you see, I am putting that in capital letters, so it's attention-getting. One more thing, if there is some Kermit News Flashes in there, that would be good, too. Also, I love Don Music, and this was, like, his era. But, NOT TOO MUCH ELMO. Maybe, just maybe, there could be like some behind-the-scenes footage like in 40 Years of Sunny Days, but NOT TOO MUCH ELMO. I hope I made my message clear.
Unfortunately for you, the late 80's was the rise of Elmo's stardom.

Muppet fans always tend to forget that. He was different enough as a character at the time, though.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If there is a volume 4 representing 1984-1989, I wonder if Elmo would be limited to the episodes he appears in. Though I would expect at least one bonus clip with Elmo (I would prefer one where he's performed by Richard Hunt). Heck, I'd expect Elmo to be the character interviewed on the last page of the booklet (either him or Snuffy).

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Same!!! Just not the Kevin Clash version of Elmo, his voice is too annoying.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Looking at the Season 16-20 premiers on Muppet Wiki, it looks as if he appears in every episode with the possible exception of Episode 1966.