Muppets Most Wanted Box Office Numbers

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Folks, let's not get hung up on this - it's not done the massive business we hoped but the Muppets are the Muppets!! Something went wrong and it's not anything the Muppet brand could have done better, it's a strategic mistake on Disneys part. They will be aware of this and I know MMW will be a success one way or another.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Folks, let's not get hung up on this - it's not done the massive business we hoped but the Muppets are the Muppets!! Something went wrong and it's not anything the Muppet brand could have done better, it's a strategic mistake on Disneys part. They will be aware of this and I know MMW will be a success one way or another.
TL;DR version: The sky is not falling.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
And I just wanna say this is probably the most negative I've ever felt about a Muppet film after it's release why? Because I enjoyed and loved it so much that on opening day I thought it's gonna be a packed theater maybe an odd time of day to go but I was expecting a crowd just like the last film and when I saw the movie was gonna be in one of the bigger theaters that you would expect such movies like Captain America, Spider-Man, etc. I was so beyond excited to be on such a high after 3 years in the making only to have 5-10 people in the theater it literally felt like the floor was let out from under me. I literally afterwards almost broke down in tears. Maybe I was naive but that's how I felt and ever since then it's been really hard for me to positive about box office numbers let alone what the future holds for them.

I know other people here experienced the same thing with not packed theaters but I took or have taken this hard. And I know people on here are tired of my being cynical but I feel like Kermit in the last film. I want like Kermit said for them to be around forever. I don't want them going back in a box for another 12 years or doing skimpy projects like before I want them to shine like the brilliant creatures they are why? Because that's how Jim made them. I hope everyday I am wrong and Disney and people here laugh in my face and say told you so their gonna make a new tv show or in the future another movie will happen but I just can't be that optimistic person right now.

I am just speaking from my personal feelings and my personal experience with the film. I can't speak for anyone else here just me. I do hope when it opens in Germany it's a huge success. And now I'll get off my rant but I had to get it all off my chest.

DutchMuppet

Reaction score
Today movie cinema's in the Netherlands have announced that the movie Muppets Most Wanted premieres a week earlier than announced. This because of the holidays. Too bad it has to compete against 4 kids movies. Rio 2, The Pirate Fairy, The House of Magic and the local Pim & Pom movie. It's gonna be close! On some locations even the German dub will play. I will see the movie in the original version in the evening because I hate dubs. But I can wait 2 hours longer. But it will be difficult!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Since when is MMW a flop, that's opening day talk, since then we have $49.4 million in the bank currently domestically, and $70 million worldwide, so ya, I mean we've had two great theatrically released muppet films, and I honestly hope Disney just gives them a TV gig, something I could watch on primetime that I'd thoroughly enjoy, if nothing else, Disney I'm waiting for season 4 and 5.