Waiting for Elmo

leliebel

Reaction score
Sorry that I opened a new thread for this, but I was just wathcing sesame street (the dutch one) And it had a story told by cookiemonster. Cookie was sitting in a comfy char with a robe one, very hefner like and was telling the story of Grover and Telly who were waiting for Elmo and got in an argument with a tree and the tree left saying:Ï'll go to my fair lady, at least that I can understand..."

I was wondering, was this a parody of "Waiting for Godot?" I missed the beginning so I'm not completly sure... Anyway I thougth it was excellent, I'm going to start whatching Sesame street every day again.

I've seen "Waiting for Godot" on tv an loved it, the first hour and 55 minutes I didn't understand one word of it, but in the end it made sense...

dcfboss

Reaction score
well u should watch SS, but those segments with cookie in his robe (Monsterpiece theater) aren't made anymore and are rarely shown so don't expect skits like that all the time

Thijs

Reaction score
Originally posted by dcfboss
well u should watch SS, but those segments with cookie in his robe (Monsterpiece theater) aren't made anymore and are rarely shown so don't expect skits like that all the time
Leliebel is, just like me, from The Netherlands, and in the Netherlands they still show old skits, like Monsterpiece Theatre.

And yes, that is a parody on Waiting for Godot. Hilarious, aint it?

leliebel

Reaction score
Originally posted by Tommie
Leliebel is, just like me, from The Netherlands, and in the Netherlands they still show old skits, like Monsterpiece Theatre.

And yes, that is a parody on Waiting for Godot. Hilarious, aint it?
oh I heard about you...

Joggy told me about you yesterday :smile:

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
I used to watch Plaza Sesamo since they played old skits every episode including Circles by Cookie and blue nosed Herry but they replaced it with that "Amgios" crap or whatever. That REALLY cheesed me off.

leliebel

Reaction score
Originally posted by Clean Gultch
I used to watch Plaza Sesamo since they played old skits every episode including Circles by Cookie and blue nosed Herry but they replaced it with that "Amgios" crap or whatever. That REALLY cheesed me off.
where are you from?

Hays

Reaction score
Usually Monsterpiece Theater skits have titles - was it, indeed, entitled "Waiting for Elmo?"

CookieFan

Reaction score
Originally posted by Clean Gultch
I live in Silver Creek, New York. but we get univision over here.
They play foreign SS on univision? I get it, too, but never thought of looking for SS (or whatever its foreign incarnation is) on it. What's it called, and when is it on?