60 Years of Muppets...

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
First of all, Walt Disney World employees, if you are reading this, DO NOT STOP. We all know about MuppetVision3D*, even if you have never been to one of the Disney theme parks, you probably dream of going there. Well, Walt Disney World employees, maybe another ride ( possibly??!!) You could make all the rides and restaurants that Jim Henson wanted to make, but passed away before he could make them.

Second, how about a Muppet family reunion TV special? It could have The Muppets from Sesame Street and any other Henson-related project. It could also have Skeeter. It could have people sharing memories about watching The Muppets as a kid, or celebrities sharing memories about BEING in The Muppets.

Third, they could release Muppet LEGO's. Let's face it, at one point or another, we have all thought about this happening. They could be limited edition 60th anniversary ones.

Fourth, you could possibly release The Muppet Show seasons 4 and 5 on DVD?? Disney is probably saying, " Fozzieisfunny, whaaaaa???" but, Disney, you're going to do it at some point or another.

Fifth, I feel like I'm getting way too ambitious. Does anybody else feel that??

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
Maybe the 60th anniversary would be a good time for Disney to rerelease the soundtracks to The Great Muppet Caper and Muppet Treasure Island and for Sony to rerelease the soundtrack to The Muppets Take Manhattan. I'd love to own all the soundtracks on CD.

Although the Muppet Treasure Island soundtrack already has a made-on-demand release by ArkivMusic.

*Mumbles* seasons 4 and 5 would be nice Disney. Seasons 4 and 5. :stick_out_tongue:
Yes, this would be a great time to release this. I really hope they do. And maybe an uncut 60th anniversary edition of season 1!

What would I like to see? If Sesame Workshop, Disney, and The Jim Henson Company are able to pull it off, I'd very much like to see another special with every possible Muppet combined! Seriously, when's the last time we got something like that????
It would be so great if that happened!

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
Although the Muppet Treasure Island soundtrack already has a made-on-demand release by ArkivMusic.
Just have to say, thank you SO MUCH for mentioning the existence of this made-on-demand release! I've wanted the MTI soundtrack for years, YouTube the songs all the dang time. I had never heard of this option.

Unfortunate that it's $16.99, but hey, I'll swing it at some point :smile:

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
Just have to say, thank you SO MUCH for mentioning the existence of this made-on-demand release! I've wanted the MTI soundtrack for years, YouTube the songs all the dang time. I had never heard of this option.

Unfortunate that it's $16.99, but hey, I'll swing it at some point :smile:
That's ok! I ordered one a few months ago. Great to have it on CD.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
I really just want a good Muppet Anniversary tv special! Whether it be just disney muppets or disney sesame and JHC muppets. Quite frankly im fine with just disney!

Also what I thought would be really cool is since both Muppets and Disneyland anniversaries are next year..... why not finally release Muppets at Walt Disney World on DVD and Bluray! That was the last project Jim worked on before he died!

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I really just want a good Muppet Anniversary tv special! Whether it be just disney muppets or disney sesame and JHC muppets. Quite frankly im fine with just disney!

Also what I thought would be really cool is since both Muppets and Disneyland anniversaries are next year..... why not finally release Muppets at Walt Disney World on DVD and Bluray! That was the last project Jim worked on before he died!
I would love it if they would produce a TV special that's similar The Muppets: A Celebration of Thirty Years. I hope The Muppets' 60th anniversary gets big, public attention! :smile:
I'd like something like AMFC. Maybe not in a Christmas special again but something similar.
Yes...yes, yes, yes, on all of these hopes! Seriously, I don't even think the 50th anniversary got that much attention! Did it?