Let's Take a Stand:The Muppet Show Season 4 and 5

Muppet Master

Reaction score
http://www.disneystudioshelp.com/Contact_Us.html

Everyone who can please go on this website and plead Disney to release TMS S4 and S5 (and whatever else muppet production wise) on DVD/Blu-Ray. When you do, post on this thread what you wrote. Hopefully if enough people plead, because there are a lot of people on this forum, we can get them released, so get cracking.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
This is the message i sent Disney about 2 minutes ago!

Hello I am from Muppet Central and we all having been waiting for you guys to release the final 2 seasons of The Muppet Show! You had a strong start with the first 3 and then the last 2 never came. We will give your our money for these two seasons! You will make some good money and have a lot of muppet support with Muppets Most Wanted slowly leaving theaters and almost to DVD and Bluray! We all hope you release them as a tie in with Muppets Most Wanted Bluray/DVD release! Thanks for your time!

Slackbot

Reaction score
Ahh, slacktivism. Gotta love it.

Disney is not your parents. You can't nag and nag and expect them to give you what you want. Disney is a business. They will release seasons 4 and 5 on DVD when and only when they think it's a good move. When it will have the greatest impact, promote the brand, make them money, and other factors I don't know about (but I suspect includes giving a hoot). The begging web-response forms from one or two dozen fans will be read by whichever intern got stuck with the task this week and go no further. We've been wanting those sets for how many years, asking for them, and what response have we gotten?

Sorry, but that's the way it is. I think it's dumb that they did not release the last two seasons with the movies. Dollars like mine that would have gone to them often find their way to the sellers of bootleg sets instead.

That said, go ahead and send your messages to whoever reads their web forms. Knock yourself out. Just don't expect a quickly-typed "gimme" message to have any effect.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Ahh, slacktivism. Gotta love it.

Disney is not your parents. You can't nag and nag and expect them to give you what you want. Disney is a business. They will release seasons 4 and 5 on DVD when and only when they think it's a good move. When it will have the greatest impact, promote the brand, make them money, and other factors I don't know about (but I suspect includes giving a hoot). The begging web-response forms from one or two dozen fans will be read by whichever intern got stuck with the task this week and go no further. We've been wanting those sets for how many years, asking for them, and what response have we gotten?

Sorry, but that's the way it is. I think it's dumb that they did not release the last two seasons with the movies. Dollars like mine that would have gone to them often find their way to the sellers of bootleg sets instead.

That said, go ahead and send your messages to whoever reads their web forms. Knock yourself out. Just don't expect a quickly-typed "gimme" message to have any effect.
I do see what you're saying. However, do you realize that in 20 days, it will be officially 6 years since Disney released Season 3 on DVD? If you ask me, right now this WOULD be a good opportunity to have at least Season 4, if not both of the last 2 seasons released on DVD. The Muppets just made a spectacularly well-done film, and despite the small box office it got, we Muppet fanatics on here (myself included) enjoyed it a lot! On August 5th, this film will be released on DVD/BluRay; this would be a great opportunity to release at least Season 4 on DVD!

Slackbot

Reaction score
You're preaching to the choir. If course it would be good for them to release the rest of TMS! Thing is, the people in suits haven't seen fit to do so for whatever good or bad reasons they have. Sending a response to a web form (or signing an online petition, or E-mailing someone, or anything else that doesn't require more than a few minutes of effort) won't get diddly done.