Any mentions of Mr. Hooper after he died?

Bridget

Reaction score
I have a feeling I will love it. But in case I don't.. (Slips off my high heels).

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Yay for Mr. Hooper! I love the character and I love classic Sesame Street. Glad to see he's still remembered on the show.:wisdom:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I believe it was 1983-84, but it was David trying to make an egg cream like Mr. Hooper.
After a number of botched attempts, he made a good egg cream, not like Hooper's but uniquely his own.

You can make one yourself:
In a tall glass, put in a splash of milk, enough to cover the bottom of the glass.

Add a generous amount of chocolate syrup (Purists insist on Fox's U-Bet syrup. but Hershey's will do just fine. But stay away from Bosco!!!!)

Slowly pour in seltzer, stirring as you pour. By the time you fill the glass you should have a thick, frothy head. Do not overflow.

Cheers. You created a New York favorite, it's that simple.

Thanks, Gobo. I should try that one some time, except when do you put the eggs in? It is called an egg cream, so I'm just kind of curious on that.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Contrary to the name, there are no eggs or cream in an egg cream. Way back in the 1880's when this was invented, some pharmacists (this was back in the day when if you wanted a Coke or any other soda, you had to go to the drugstore) experimented with putting raw eggs in, but the name stuck even if the eggs didn't.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
They talked about him in that christmas special quite a bit.
Which Christmas special? He was in Christmas Eve on Sesame Street obviously, but I don't recall any after his death that talked about him. They did talk about Hannakauh which Mr. H. celebrated in "Elmo's World: Happy Holidays," but they still didn't directly mention him. I don't know if that's what you're referring to or if you're thinking of something else altogether.

:smile::embarrassed::concern:: I don't know if that's what you're referring to or if you're thinking of something else.

Anyway, thanks for that egg cream info, Gobo. When I think about it, I may try it with Coke or Sprite though. I was never that much of a fan of selzer water, but I'll experiment with that and see what I can come up with.

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
Which Christmas special? He was in Christmas Eve on Sesame Street obviously, but I don't recall any after his death that talked about him. They did talk about Hannakauh which Mr. H. celebrated in "Elmo's World: Happy Holidays," but they still didn't directly mention him. I don't know if that's what you're referring to or if you're thinking of something else altogether.

:smile::embarrassed::concern:: I don't know if that's what you're referring to or if you're thinking of something else.

Anyway, thanks for that egg cream info, Gobo. When I think about it, I may try it with Coke or Sprite though. I was never that much of a fan of selzer water, but I'll experiment with that and see what I can come up with.
There was a second christmas special and it showed flashbacks of mr hooper. It was quite recent

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I'm sorry. I still don't recall that. Are you sure you're not thinking of "Stars and Stripes Forever: A 25th Anniversary Celebration?" I remember that one showed flashbacks of Hooper but it wasn't a Christmas special.

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
I'm sorry. I still don't recall that. Are you sure you're not thinking of "Stars and Stripes Forever: A 25th Anniversary Celebration?" I remember that one showed flashbacks of Hooper but it wasn't a Christmas special.
In like 2011 or 12, there was this thing on pbs. It was like a Christmas Eve thing, and there was some flashbacks of him. I'm not sure what if was called. I only saw it once.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Okay. Well, that would be interesting to see. If you come across that online or somewhere at any point, let me know.