Votes: 18 9.9%
  • 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

DutchMuppet

Reaction score
My dad refuses to buy bluray, I was really upset for missing all the extras in the last movie I hope it don't happens again with this one , it's a bit unfair
People spend more money on a bluray disc, so I think it's fair they get more extra's. Blu-ray players (just the player) can be bought for almost the same price of a dvd-player. I purchased mine with a 5.1 surround sound set for 350 dollar. And I bought it for all the Muppet Blurays, like the original Muppets Movie and The Muppets.
But in the Netherlands bluray is a big flop. Nobody bought one because everyone or has Netflix for HD or uses the evil D word. Downloading, brrrr.So I must import UK or Australian Bluray or Regionfree US disc. For me, it doesn't matter because I use the subtitles not that often. But the situation you're saying is worldwide.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
No, he says that is a waste of money
First of all, I made a blunder in my previous message! I meant to say that my dad refuses to buy a BluRay player! But yeah, he feels the same way as your dad does about BluRay.

He is correct. Unless your DVD player breaks down, buying a Blu Ray just because the companies are trying to force you into it does feel rather wasteful.
Good point.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Back to the movie....

Things I like and look forward to seeing again on my OWN dvd.

Piggy being interrogated was everything I thought it should be--cool, calm, wide-eyed, innocent and flirtatious in a demure, old-school way. The way she leans around the door...such a film noir moment (okay, film noir second). Still, when Jean's comments get a little too friendly she goes all DIVA on him. You go, girlfriend! Eric has taken ownership of Piggy in a way that is truly phenomenal. Her singing voice, her gestures and mannerisms are all trademark Piggy without simply being an imitation of the wonderful work that Frank began.

In "We're Doin' A Sequel," I really, really love what an amazing job Steve does here. Kermit's Mississippi twang is evident in this song, and his expressions and body language when he sings "...everybody know that the sequel's never quite as good" are as good as you could hope to see with human talent. I am impressed over and over again with how much the muppeteer performers can express with those lovely little bits of felt and wire.

I cannot lie--I adore Piggy for noting that she is "a beautiful, perfect pig." That she is!

I have wondered idly if this movie will set back international relations 40 years. We take shots at Russians, the French, Germany, etc. While I am more than ready to let political correctness die an unmourned death, I don't think swinging a dead cat around old-world European countries is the answer here.

I don't think I've mentioned how absolutely chic Piggy looked in her pinstriped suit. The hat is the perfect touch!

Did you know that the "Hole in the Wall Theatre"--may actually be a sly reference to the Hole in the Wall Theatre, a puppet theater in Lancaster, PA. A lovely nod to their craft.

Every time I listen to "Something So Right" and hear the individual muppet lines--Lew, Scooter, Floyd, etc.--I just want to get all teary. The thought that Kermit would abandon them to follow a dream that didn't include them is just...heartbreaking. I want to hug everybody--and smack the writers.

I am really enjoying the soundtrack a lot--especially the songs at the end of the movie songs. I am always interested in the creative process that brings us what we love and want.

I'm sure I'll think of others--I still haven't taken my oldest to see it!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know, I hope the next movie can find some way to not involve Fozzie in some bit of minor controversy. In TM, everyone was all up in arms over the simple comedy concept of the fart shoes just because of the naming of the product. In MMW, it's because he had a Subway's cup with his guacamole dip next to the newspaper with Kermit's arrest headline on it. Sometimes I think people get upset over the littlest of details that don't rully matter in the scheme of things. *Sigh.

Rully liked that Foo-Foo was part of the film, I've come to like her especially thanks to KG.

In other news, I gots nothing else on the movie except to say that the fireworks at the end were my big fan smile moment cause I keep thinking the moviemakers stole that from some of the past MC Dorms celebrations here at the forums. :fanatic:

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Rully liked that Foo-Foo was part of the film, I've come to like her especially thanks to KG.

Do you know--I kept expecting Foo to turn to Piggy and say something like, "Girlfriend! He finally popped the question! Not that it would have killed him to get down on one knee to do it...." I confess I've come to think of her as having a lot more sass and class than they let us see.

In other news, I gots nothing else on the movie except to say that the fireworks at the end were my big fan smile moment cause I keep thinking the moviemakers stole that from some of the past MC Dorms celebrations here at the forums. :fanatic:
I like to think that they know were out here--watching and waiting and hoping and cheering them on! Even when we're annoyed, or disappointed or frustrated with what we got or didn't get, getting more of Kermit and Piggy and Fozzie and Gonzo and Scooter and the whole blinking gang is sure better than NOT getting more of them.

P.S. I just bought a Muppet T-shirt on clearance from JCPenney--just a word to those who don't yet have a muppet shirt for every occasion.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
You know, I hope the next movie can find some way to not involve Fozzie in some bit of minor controversy. In TM, everyone was all up in arms over the simple comedy concept of the fart shoes just because of the naming of the product. In MMW, it's because he had a Subway's cup with his guacamole dip next to the newspaper with Kermit's arrest headline on it. Sometimes I think people get upset over the littlest of details that don't rully matter in the scheme of things. *Sigh.

Why would people be upset that Fozzie is eating a Subway sandwhich? I know it's obvious product placement, but why would anyone care that much? That's just ridiculous.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Ruahnna said:
I have wondered idly if this movie will set back international relations 40 years. We take shots at Russians, the French, Germany, etc. While I am more than ready to let political correctness die an unmourned death, I don't think swinging a dead cat around old-world European countries is the answer here.
Well on the contrary, I'm sure their intention was to get some extra credit with international audiences. I'm surprised they didn't stop in China, lol.