Hearing loss!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have kept what I'm about to say from everyone on here because I did not think it was a big deal, or that I was just going to get better.
About a year or so I started having a problem hearing. I had just go over an ear infection so I thought I would get better. Months and months pasted by and my hearing would not get better in fact I had lost at least 5 job because I could not hear the person giving me the interview. Thankfully I finally got a job at Goodwill in December, and ever since I have been driving my co workers crazy with asking them to repeat themselves several times due to no being able to hear them. So today I finally went to a hearing Dr. and the results where not good. She said I had sever hearing loss, and that she could not tell how much was permanent or not. She recommended i get a referral to a Ear nose and throat Dr. to find out what my options are.
Please keep me in your thoughts an prayers, because I have never had something like this before and I'm kind of scared.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Thank you! and I will keep everyone updated as I know more as well.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
At least there's hope your hearing can be saved, or getting a hearing aid. I'd take that any day over going blind.

Praying for you.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
You would think that slowly losing your hearing would not be as hard as it really is. Just having to ask people to repeat themselves over and over and still sometimes not getting what they are saying is really embarrassing.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I have to go into work today, and tell them what I know, and more importantly what I don't know. I just hope they are as patient with me as they have already been. This is going to be a long trial and I just hope everyone is ready for it, mainly me.......

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
There is nothing to be ashamed of admitting you need help, and asking people to be understanding. People will be patient, and once people understand, they might be inclined to be more compassionate for you.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
*hugs*

I just prayed for you. My best friend is completely deaf in ine ear and has moderate hearing loss in the other (he wears a hearing aid), so he often has to ask people to repeat themselves too. Seeing what he has to deal with on a daily basis I have some idea of what you might be going through, and know this: you are not alone. *hugs again*