Sesame Street Quiz-aper

PurpleHonker

Reaction score
What is your favortie Sesame Street time period? I'm going with the decade of the 80s. That's when I watched the most.
Who is your favorite monster? They are Grover, the Two-headed Monster, Herry and the Honkers.
What are your favorite SS songs? "I Don't Want to Live On the Moon", "Rubber Duckie", The People In Your Neighborhood", "C is for Cookie", "I Love Trash", "Doin The Pigeon", "Sing" and "We're Alive"
What is your favorite Anything Muppet type? I don't think I have a singled out favorite. They work well together.
What's your favorite recurring sketch? SS News Flash
What's your favorite SS game show? Guy Smiley is an amazing host; I watched and enjoyed him in all the shows.
What's your favorite episode of Monsterpiece Theater? "39 Stairs" and "The Sound of Music"
What's your favorite Sesame Street News report? "The Tortoise and the Hare", "The Tortoise and the Hare's Rematch", "Old McDonald: Spaceship", "Jack Be Nimble", "Man in Snowstorm", "The Princess and the Cookie", "Alice In Wonderland", "Don Music: Row, Row, Row Your Boat"
Who are your favorite Jim Henson characters? Kemit and Ernie
Who are your favorite Frank Oz characters? Grover and Bert
Who are your favorite Jerry Nelson characters? Count von Count
Who are your favorite Richard Hunt characters? Sully
Who are your favorite Fran Brill characters? Prairie Dawn
Who are your favorite Martin Robinson characters? Slimey and the Yip Yips
Who are your favorite Kevin Clash characters? Hoots
Who are your favorite David Rudman characters? Two-Headed Monster
Who are your favorite characters from other performers? TheTwiddlebugs (from a mix of the above performers)
What are your favorite animated segments? The Teeny Little Super Guy, The Talking Typewriter, "A Loaf of Bread, A Container of Milk, and A Stick of Butter", The Frankenstein "F" sketch, The Ladybug Picnic
What are your favorite non-Muppet live action segments? Mr. Hooper surfing comes to mind...
What are your favorite Ernie and Bert segments? All of them! I especially like them Fishing and the horrifying Egyption Tomb ones.
What is your favorite recast? I suppose I like the newest Gordon.
What are your favorite Cookie Monster sketches? Monsterpiece Theater
What are your favorite Grover sketches? Super Grover and Grover the Waiter
What are your favorite Count sketches? Number of the Day
What are your favorite Elmo's World segmnets? "Hair" and "Teeth"
What are your favorite Elmo segments? None, really; I'm not that much of an Elmo fan (but don't tell my little niece that!) :smile::embarrassed:
What is your favorite Kermit the Frog sketch? The Sesame Street New Reports
What's your favorite Ernie song? I Don't Want to Live on the Moon
What's your favorite Bert song? Doin The Pigeon
What's your favorite Grover song? Proud of Me
What's your favorite Big Bird song? Sing
What's your favorite Kermit song? Bein Green
Follow That Bird or Elmo in Grouchland? Follow That Bird
Super Grover or Grover the Waiter? Grover the Waiter
Number of the Day or Letter of the Day? Letter of the Day

Stephanie Evjen

Reaction score
What is your favorite Sesame Street time period? The 1980s and early 1990s
Who is your favorite monster? Cookie Monster, Grover, Telly, Zoe, Rosita, and most of all Elmo :laugh:
What are your favorite SS songs? Anything done by Little Chrissy and the Alphabeats, Anything done by Little Jerry and the Monotones, particularly anything done by Christopher Cerf and Jeff Moss :flirt:
What is your favorite Anything Muppet type? Green and Lavender
What's your favorite recurring sketch? Sesame Street News, Journey to Ernie, Elmo's World, and The Number of the Day
What's your favorite SS game show? Anything by Guy Smiley and/or Sonny Friendly
What's your favorite episode of Monsterpiece Theater? Gone with the Wind, The Sound of Music, and The King and I
What's your favorite Sesame Street News report? Anything with Don Music and Cinderella
Who are your favorite Jim Henson characters? Ernie, Guy Smiley, and Kermit the Frog :stick_out_tongue: :smile:
Who are your favorite Frank Oz characters? Bert, Cookie Monster, and Grover :frown: :insatiable: :super:
Who are your favorite Jerry Nelson characters? Count von Count :batty:, Little Jerry, The Amazing Mumford, Mr. Johnson (aka Fat Blue), and Sherlock Hemlock
Who are your favorite Richard Hunt characters? Don Music, Green Alphabeat, Rockin' Richard, Forgetful Jones, and Sonny Friendly
Who are your favorite Fran Brill characters? Prairie Dawn and Zoe

Who are your favorite Martin P. Robinson characters? Snuffy and Telly
Who are your favorite Kevin Clash characters? Elmo and Hoots the Owl :laugh:
Who are your favorite David Rudman characters? Baby Bear and Sonny Friendly (1992-2000)
Who are your favorite characters from other performers? Little Chrissy, Big Jeffy, Lavender Alphabeat, Abby Cadabby, Rosita, Chrissy (monotone), Clementine, Barkley, Betty Lou, Homer Honker, Countess, Jackman Wolf, Big Bird, and Oscar the Grouch :wisdom: :grouchy:
What are your favorite animated segments? Abby's Flying Fairy School, Above it All, Beginning, Middle, End, Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures, Cecille, It's Hip to Be a Square, The King of Eight, Ladybug's Picnic, Martian Beauty, Pinball Number Count, The Queen of Six, Soul, Suzie Kabloozie, Ten Turtles, The Typewriter, and Wanda the Witch
What are your favorite non-Muppet live action segments? Doll House, Number Three Ball Film, and Creature Feature
What are your favorite Ernie and Bert segments? Undecided :coy:
What is your favorite recast? Steve Whitmire as Ernie and Kermit the Frog and Eric Jacobson as Bert :stick_out_tongue: :frown:
What are your favorite Cookie Monster sketches? With Kermit, Monsterpiece Theater and C is for Cookie :insatiable:
What are your favorite Grover sketches? Super Grover and Grover the Waiter :super:
What are your favorite Count sketches? The Batty Bat, Coconut Counting Man, Count Up to Nine, Counting Vacation, The First Day of School, Lambaba, Little Miss Count Along, The Number of the Day Waltz, and You Gotta Count My Blue Suede Shoes :batty:
What are your favorite Elmo's World sketches? Dancing, Music, Singing, Drawing, Flowers, Plants, & Trees, Drums, and Friends :laugh:
What are your favorite Elmo sketches? Elmo's World :laugh:
What is your favorite Kermit the Frog sketch? Sesame Street News Flash :smile:
What's your favorite Ernie song? Rubber Duckie, Dee, Dee, Dee, Dance Myself to Sleep, The Honker-Duckie-Dinger Jamboree, Do De Rubber Duck, I Don't Want to Live on the Moon, I Love My Room, Imagine That, and Put Down the Duckie :stick_out_tongue:
What's your favorite Bert song? Bert's Blanket, I Gotta Be Clean, La, La, La, Oatmeal Box, Stick Out Your Hand and Say Hello, Take A Rest, Subway, I Got a Song, That's What Friends Are For, and But I Like You :frown:
What's your favorite Grover song? ABC Disco, Exercise, Fuzzy and Blue (And Orange), I Stand Up Straight and Tall, Monster in the Mirror, and Two G Sounds :super:
What's your favorite Big Bird song? ABC-DEF-GHI, Easy Goin' Day, I Just Adore Four, I'm So Blue, Everyone Makes Mistakes, One Little Star, Ain't No Road Too Long, Wheels on my Feet, What a Gift, What's Your Name?, Big Bird's Rock Song, and Gimme Some Rock 'n Roll :wisdom:
What's your favorite Kermit song? ABC's of the Swamp (Bayou Alphabet), African Alphabet, Bein' Green, Caribbean Amphibian, Disco Frog, and D00 Wop Hop :smile:
Follow That Bird or Elmo in Grouchland? Both
Super Grover or Grover the Waiter? Both
Number of the Day or Letter of the Day? Both

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Okay. Let me try this.

What is your favortie Sesame Street time period?
Probably the 70s and the 80s
Who is your favorite monster?
It's a tie between Grover and Cookie Monster
What are your favorite SS songs?
Gosh. There are so many. I like "ABC-DEF-GHI," "C is for Cookie," "What's the Name of that Song?" and "I Wish I Had a Friend to Play with Me." Among many others.
What is your favorite Anything Muppet type?
Fat Blue of course
What's your favorite recurring sketch?
Monsterpiece Theater
What's your favorite SS game show?
"Here is Your Life?" Is that a game show. If not we'll go with "Squeal of Fortune"
What's your favorite episode of Monsterpiece Theater?
I like "The Sound of Music" and the "39 Stairs"
What's your favorite Sesame Street News report?
Hmmmmm. I guess I liked Monster Day Care and the London Fog
Who are your favorite Jim Henson characters?
Ernie, Kermit and Guy Smiley
Who are your favorite Frank Oz characters?
Bert, Grover, Cookie Monster
Who are your favorite Jery Nelson characters?
The Count, Mumford, Sherlock Hemlock
Who are your favorite Richard Hunt characters?
Forgetful Jones, Gladys, Placido Flamingo
Who are your favorite Fran Brill characters?
Prairie Dawn
Who are your favorite Martin Robinson characters?
Snuffy, Slimey
Who are your favorite Kevin Clash characters?
I wouldn't call Elmo a favorite. I guess I'll go with Hoots.
Who are your favorite David Rudman characters?
Baby Bear (But he's actually the only one I can think of that Dave originated)
Who are your favorite characters from other performers?
What are your favorite animated segments?
Alligator King, Pinball Number Count
What are your favorite non-Muppet live action segments?
What are your favorite Ernie and Bert segments?
The Rhyming Game, But I Like You, Sketch with the dripping faucet, Things I Remember. (I know a few of those could go under 'songs' as well.)
What is your favorite recast?
I liked that Marty took over for Brian as Telly
What are your favorite Cookie Monster sketches?
What are your favorite Grover sketches?
What are your favorite Count sketches?
What are your favorite Elmo's World segmnets?
What are your favorite Elmo segments?
What is your favorite Kermit the Frog sketch?
What's your favorite Ernie song?
"Doo Dee Rubber Duck"
What's your favorite Bert song?
"Doin' the Pigeon" and "I Wish I had a Friend"
What's your favorite Grover song?
Moster in the Mirror
What's your favorite Big Bird song?
ABC-DEF-GHI
What's your favorite Kermit song?
Doo Wop, doo wop. Hop.
Follow That Bird or Elmo in Grouchland?
Follow That Bird
Super Grover or Grover the Waiter?
Grover the Waiter
Number of the Day or Letter of the Day?
I prefer "Letter." I think there was more chemistry there.

Maybe I'll answer the ones I didn't answer later on. I need some time to think.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I had forgotten about this. I wonder if I should do an updated "quiz-aper", with questions about things that came after I did this (like "What's your favorite episode of Abby's Flying Fairy School?" or "What's your favorite installment of Elmo the Musical?"), maybe even additions to results to mention favorite segments that I hadn't seen until after my initial post.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
What is your favorite Sesame Street time period?
ALL of them! (But I'm definitely partial to the early years- probably 1969 through the '70s, '80s and '90s...but it's all good.)

Who is your favorite monster? I love them all! If I had to pick- probably Grover and Cookie Monster particularly for songs and sketches.:super::insatiable:
What are your favorite SS songs? ALL of them!
A couple of favorites though- "Sesame Street" theme song, "Bein' Green", "This Frog", "Caribbean Amphibian", "On My Pond", "In the Quiet of the Evening", "Do Op Hop", "Do De Rubber Duck":smile:
"Rainy Day", "Skin", "What Do You Do With A Fruit?", "Peanut Butter", "Don't Waste Water", That cool music from the crayon film, "Cow Dog", "What's The Name of That Song?", "Imagine That", "Put Down the Duckie", "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon":stick_out_tongue:
"Dance Myself to Sleep", "That's What Friends Are For", "Bert's Blanket":frown: "If Moon Were Cookie":insatiable:, "C is for Cookie", "Believe in Yourself", "The Word is No", "New Way to Walk", "Flabbergasted", "We All Sing With the Same Voice", "Lambaba", "The Batty Bat", "Little Miss Count Along", "What Do You Do When There's Nothing To Count?":batty:, "Elmo's Song":laugh:, "Wheels on my Heels", "I Just Adore Four", "Everyone Makes Mistakes", "Ichi Ni San", "We're Off to Kyoto":wisdom:, "Easy Going Day", "Ain't No Mountain You Can't Climb", "The Grouch Anthem", "I Love Trash":grouchy:, "Monster in the Mirror", "What Do I Do When I'm Alone?":super:, "Sing After Me", "Keep Christmas With You", "True Blue Miracle", "Well...Why Not?", "Rebel L", "Born to Add", "Barn in the USA", "Letter B", "Hey Food", the other Beetles song, Falling Baker songs, "Frog Struggle Song", "Tu me Gustas", "I Want a Monster for My Friend", "They Can't Take That Away From Me", "It's Hip to be a Square", "Fur", "Forty Blocks from My Home", "Wet Paint", "Danger", "Count It Higher", "Rock 'N' Roll Readers", "1234", "ABC Disco", "ABCs in the Swamp", "African Alphabet Song", "I Believe in Little Things", "Sing in the Shower", "I Think That It is Wonderful", song from Alligator in my room cartoon, and of course "Sing" and any Joe Raposo song...........
(I know there are tons others I could name.......)
What is your favorite Anything Muppet type? Fat Blue (Mr. Johnson), I guess- it's all good.
What's your favorite recurring sketch? Mysterious Theater, Chatterly's Alphabet Chat, Miami Mice, Sesame Street News Flash, Monsterpiece Theater
What's your favorite SS game show? Beat The Time, Squeal of Fortune, Here is Your Life
What's your favorite episode of Monsterpiece Theater? They're all great, but a few favorites- Gone With the Wind (because it features Kermit), The King and i, The 39 Steps, The Sound of Music....
What's your favorite Sesame Street News report? ALL of them! If I have to choose a few favorites- Cinderella, Rumplestiltskin, The wrong 7 dwarves, Red Riding Hood (not listening), tortoise and the hare, Jack and the beanstalk, mixed up holidays, Aladdin, Christopher Columbus, London Fog, Jack and the candlestick, Mother Hubbard, Old MacDonald's Farm, Old Woman who lived in a shoe, man in snowstorm.....
Who are your favorite Jim Henson characters? Kermit and Ernie:smile::stick_out_tongue:
Who are your favorite Frank Oz characters? Bert, Grover and Cookie Monster:frown::super::insatiable:
Who are your favorite Jery Nelson characters?:batty: The Count and Herry
Who are your favorite Richard Hunt characters? Forgetful Jones
Who are your favorite Fran Brill characters? Prairie Dawn
Who are your favorite Martin Robinson characters? Telly and Snuffy
Who are your favorite Kevin Clash characters? :laugh: Elmo and Hoots
Who are your favorite David Rudman characters? Slimey (I think he did that character)......
Who are your favorite characters from other performers? Two-Headed Monster (that may be one of these other folks- I'm not sure)
What are your favorite animated segments? Is it a food and will you eat it game show, fitting an elephant balloon into a building, lost boy on a bicycle (to get back, make the first thing the last), guy stacking cans in a grocery store, Bridgekeeper, Crackmaster, Alligator in the bedroom, Christopher Clumsy, Julius and Irving? [I've lost my elbow clip], Teeny Little Superguy, Typewriter, Ten Turtles, King of Eight, Queen of Six, King Minus, pinball count, tons of others...........What are your favorite non-Muppet live action segments? all the Street scenes, really. Doll House song. Number Three ball film. Buddy and Jim sketches. Mad Number Painter. Maria's Charlie Chaplin sketches. Maria, David and Bob on an island. Gordon's weather report. One of These Things Doesn't Belong Here songs and sketches.
What are your favorite Ernie and Bert segments?
ALL. Particularly any of the ones at night when Bert is trying to sleep in his bed and Ernie is awake in his bed....and driving Bert crazy keeping him up all night!:stick_out_tongue::frown:
Also, Ernie's string on his finger, Ride 'Em Cowboy sketch, Nose-Snatcher, sketches with Beautiful Day Monster, Sketches with Grover and Herry and Cookie Monster, Count spends the night, Bert abducted by Martians, camping out, in the jungle to find Dr. Livingston, in the pyramids in Egypt, Ernie's disguise kit, giving Bert's nephew Brad a bath, Ernie taking care of Ernestine- so many others......
What is your favorite recast? I guess I'd say Elmo, since he didn't really become known until Kevin Clash took him over.:laugh:
What are your favorite Cookie Monster sketches? ALL of them.
Particularly Cookie Monster and Kermit sketches (galoshes poem, mystery box, etc.), Cookie Monster and Prairie Dawn doing letter and number of the day, Cookie Monster's Monsterpiece Theater sketches, Cookie Monster's Crumby Pictures:insatiable: "Me Lost Me Cookie at the Disco" and "Cookie!" [Shaft parody].
What are your favorite Grover sketches? ALL of them.
SuperGrover sketches. Waiter Grover sketches.:super: And definitely sketches with Kermit (salesman Grover, lectures.):super::smile: And Grover's sketches with Herbert Birdsfoot too, for that matter.
What are your favorite Count sketches?
Count counts money at the bank, Count as elevator operator for Kermit:batty::smile:, Count writes and mails himself letters to count, Ernie answers telephone at Count's house, Count hires delivery man to dress as sheep and jump over his bed for him, Count's songs....

What are your favorite Elmo's World segments?
The one from the 35th. anniversary with Bert asking how to get out of Elmo's World:frown::laugh::wink: - and the Frogs segment that featured Kermit!:smile: [I don't remember enough of them to really comment otherwise- I do like Mr. Noodle's bits, generally- and the TV shows Elmo watches to learn more- always great puns there. They are pretty good generally, but they also got old after a while- I'm glad they've got a new format now.
What are your favorite Elmo segments?
Elmo helping Kermit on his lectures,:laugh::smile: and "Elmo's Song". Also, Elmo singing "Don't Know Why Y Didn't Come" with Norah Jones and his bit with Robin Williams about uses for a stick- his appearance in the "We Are All Earthlings" song and at the disco in a Grover sketch.
What is your favorite Kermit the Frog sketch? ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!
Sesame Street News Flash. Lectures. Kermit and Joey. (Kermit and kid moments in general though). Kermit shows us an X-ray of Herry's body. Kermit and the Count in the elevator. Kermit's cameo in "Big Bird's Storytime" video. Kermit's street scenes appearance in covering the hurricane on Sesame Street for Sesame Street news. Interviewing Dr. Nobel Price........
What's your favorite Ernie song?
ALL of them! If I had to pick one favorite though, I'd probably say "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon"- that's an all time favorite for me.:stick_out_tongue: What's your favorite Bert song?
ALL of them! Some top favorites- ALL. "The Association of W Lovers", "Bert's Blanket", "La la la", "But I like You" and definitely "Imagination":frown:
What's your favorite Grover song? ALL. "What Do I Do When I'm Alone?" and "Monster in the Mirror" are two big favorites. Also, "Sing After Me", "I Am Blue", "Fuzzy and Blue".:super:
What's your favorite Big Bird song? ALL.
"I Just Adore Four", "Wheels on my Heels", "Easy Going Day", "ABC-DEF-GHI...", his joint performance with Snuffy and Elmo on "Elmo's Song", "What A Bird!", "What A Gift", "One Little Star" and "I'm So Blue".:wisdom:
What's your favorite Kermit song?
ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(I'm a HUGE fan of Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street.:smile:)
Some top classics- "Bein' Green", "This Frog", "If I Were", "The Heart of a Frog", "Frogs in the Glen", "On My Pond", "Get Along", "I'm Alive", "Tadpole", "In the Quiet of the Evening", "ABCs in the Swamp", "African Alphabet", "Do Op Hop", "Do De Rubber Duck", "Everybody Be Yo'self", "Disco Frog", "Picture A World", "I Love My Elbows", "A Song From Kermit".:smile: - and all the others I forgot.
Follow That Bird or Elmo in Grouchland?
They're both great! Though I would probably say I like "Follow That Bird" the best. But "Elmo in Grouchland" has a lot of good stuff too- it was better than I thought it would be when I finally got around to watching it.
Super Grover or Grover the Waiter? Oh, wow- love them both. Super Grover and Grover the Waiter. Definitely. And just plain Grover Monster.
Number of the Day or Letter of the Day?
Number of the Day AND Letter of the Day.:search::grouchy::wisdom: