60 Years of Muppets...

cjd874

Reaction score
My 700th post on the MC forum! What better place for that than this thread?

It's remarkable that it's been 60 years since Jim Henson created the Muppets. I can clearly remember the 50th anniversary celebration with all those Muppet movie reissues that had the special Kermit logo on them. That was 2004-2005 when I bought the Muppet Show Season 1 on DVD. It doesn't even seem that long ago.

Since then, there have been two new theatrical movies, several specials, some downright hilarious YouTube videos ("Bohemian Rhapsody," anyone?), a heap of TV appearances, and an onslaught of merchandise. I hope that the Muppets (and their distant cousins on Sesame Street and in Fraggle Rock) will continue to remain in the public eye for 60 more years. Jim Henson would be proud.

"When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in the world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for having been there." ---:jim:

Boy, you did all that and more, Jim.

Bridget

Reaction score
What would I like to see? If Sesame Workshop, Disney, and The Jim Henson Company are able to pull it off, I'd very much like to see another special with every possible Muppet combined! Seriously, when's the last time we got something like that????
Yes. Yes. Yes. And yes. Thank you for reading my mind sweetheart. Listen to this guy please!!!