Hensonville City 2011

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Reads a Mupdate on the boards. Ha! Called it!
UD: What's all the excitement about?
You remember that tag toughpigs put out when the Creature Shop Challenge show was first announced?
UD: Yeeees... *Trying to recall the specific article.
Well, in tonight's seventh episode they're doing an alien creature press conference. And Gigi Edgley (Chiana) called in one of Kelly's roommates for a special cameo.
UD: You mean?!
Yep, his grace, Dominar Rigel XVI will be on the show this time.
UD: Oh! We should mark the occasion.
Way ahead of you buddy. *Tacks up a note for a viewing party in the common room tonight.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Fozzie: (worriedly) Kermit's not back yet from his date with Miss Piggy. Do you think we should Jo look for them?
Ru: Um...I think they're probably fine, Fozzie. Kermit's a big boy-I think he'll be just fine on his own tonight.
Fozzie: But I thought he was with Miss Piggy?
Ru: (sighing and trying to think how to explain) Fozzie, I just meant--
Fozzie: Oh! I get it! Birthday-related humor! Cause it's Kermit's birthday! Where did Miss Piggy take him?
Ru: Um...probably somewhere expensive.
Fozzie: it figures.
Ru: And dark...
Fozzie: What?
Ru: Nothing...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm... If there was one female dog I'd have thought Piggy would want to accompany her on a date with Kermit, it would be Foo-Foo. Kind of surprised she chose Jolalene instead.

*Sends best birthday wishes to :smile:.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Uncle Deadly pushes two wrapped neat packages through the mailslot at Apt 6's door. Both contain a birthday card for Kim and Boober, sorry for not remembering their birthdays last week sooner. There's a packet of blackberry-scented tea for both of them, as well as a couple of individually wrapped radish-scented soaps for Boober's laundry chores.

Spooking of laundry...
:batty: picks up the latest load, bringing it to Ed for folding while he's watching the movie.

Me: Sure was great they finally aired Mamma Mia. But gah, that song.
:Batty: Which one?
Me: Slipping Through My Fingers... It hits me hard, just like Honest Lullaby from the episode when Joan Baez gueststarred on the Muppet Show. Good memories though. :cry:

*Uncle D deposits a jar of hot & spicy candied crickets at Apt 5 as a birthday present for Kermit, glad it arrived from New Orleans in time.

Later...
The roomies hunker in after bathing and changing into clean at-home clothes.
:insatiable: Boy, it cold and rainy tonight. *Is glad he's got his fur to keep him warm.

Bridget

Reaction score
Bridget: (Laughs and finally puts the cake away in the refrigerator for later that week) Well, I'll be back in just a second. I'm going to go and check the mail. (Opens the door to find a present for Natasha on the doorstep) Aww! Would you look at that? (Picks it up and sees that it's from Cookie Monster) How thoughtful. Is Natasha in for a surprise...
Elizabeth: Surprise? I love surprises! What did she get?
Bridget: A blanket a some delicious looking chocolate chip cookies apparently. We definitely have to thank him for this.
Elizabeth: Ooh! Can I have one?
Bridget: Haha, we'll see.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Downstairs in Apt 1...

*:batty: looks out the window, sensing the lingering rain storm that could start at any moment. Say, I noticed Cookie Monster leaving here in a hurry, vhere vas he off to?

Me: Oh, he heard it was National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day today, so he rushed out to get some of his favorites from one of the town's bakeries.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Robin: Mom...if I tell you something ..do you promise not to get all get all "awww" ,ushy gushy an' stuff like that ?

OK..I promise.

Robin: Well, ya see....there's a turnaround dance where the girls ask the guys. Nancy asked me. And I, um, said yes.shuffling his feet. and looking down.

Sounds fun! Have a good time!

Robin: You're not gonna go "Ooohh isn't that sweet!" an' be all ushy gushy about it?

I told you I wouldn't ,right? You should know me by now! But I will say that Ms. Nancy has good taste.
Robin : She does; doesn't she? chuckle
So does this dance need chaperones?
Robin: They don't use parents as chaperones anymore ,Mom. They have the teachers . At one of the winter dances a boy and girl got into trouble for getting into one of the classrooms and making out.

WHAT? Wasn't the door locked?

Robin: The idiot picked the keyhole open with a pocket knife. He and his girlfriend got suspended. We almost didn't have this dance because of them. :rolleyes:. A lot of the students signed a big petition that said all of us shouldn't be punished because of 2 people's stupidity. So Mr. Seymour finally caved in provided that the dance have a theme. He called it a Sadie something or other dance.
Sadie Hawkins?
Robin: Yeah.. that's it. . He said girls had ask guys. He'd been to a couple when he was in school. He's older than dirt.

How old's he: 45? careful buddy.

Robin: Mom! laughing I'm saving my little green butt; thanks. You're not old! I'd say he's 64 or 65. Almost ready to retire.

I'm sure you'll have a great time. My little froggie son is growing up so fast!!:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Watching some TV, taking down some notes on the meal prepped so we can make it for :hungry:.

UD: Lingenberries... Not available, substitute with cranberries.
*Checks pantry, we have craisins, suppose that'll do.
:batty: Black currant jam, add a fat teaspoon to mashed potatoes. Oh, I'll have to go shopping for those. *Whistles the chorus of One Potato.
UD: Vinegar and sugar, one cup each for pickling liquid for sliced cucumbers, check.
:batty: Hmm, I'll have to stop at the butcher's as vell to get the meat for the balls.
:insatiable: We still got plenty of bread to soak in milk. Me still not entirely clear on that trick though. *Shrugs, oh well.
:batty: 1, 2, 2 eggs to extract the yolks... Yes. Cream and butter and chicken stock.

Okay guys, I'll add what we're missing for this week's grocery run, then we'll invite :hungry: and Kathy and the others for dinner on the weekend.

Katzi428

Reaction score
:hungry: calls Apt 1 Hi guys! Der lingunberries are tuff tu find. Su don't wurry aboot them. Use cranberries like yu were going tu du. I wuz lucky et Christmus tu find lingunberries fur my lingunberry tarts.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*On the phone... Okay, thanks for the tip Chef.

:batty: I hope blackberry jam will be okay.
:insatiable: Me still waiting for what those crazy chefs do with chocolate chip cookies tonight.
*Ed finishes talking to :hungry:.
:insatiable: Hey Ed, what "quiche"?
Quiches are like smaller handheld pies.
:insatiable: Okay, thanks.

*Uncle D jots down notes for the baby calzones and chocolate cream tartlets.