Muppets Most Wanted Box Office Numbers

beaker

Reaction score
Studio DC/Disney tween show crossover episodes and Lady Gaga were painful to watch. However I really loved Letters To Santa. My only issue is it was too short, but I loved it much more than the 2002 "AVMMCM". (I refuse to even acknowledge the existence of Muppet Oz:smile:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Well since this thread has basically turned into the one about "A New Muppet Show", I think I should catch us all up with MMW's box office numbers. At the moment Box Office Mojo isn't working properly, so I can't say exactly what MMW's foriegn numbers are or how much it grossed this weekend, but by typing in MMW on BOM I can now say that to date MMW has made a total of $50,012,328 at the domestic box office. I mean not too shabby, right? I mean the budget may be $54 million, but on BOM it says $50 million. Honestly as of now we can't offically call this a flop, considering it's less than $4 million away from its budget, and has made over $70 million worldwide! Anyways MMW looks like the next "Avengets" at the box office if you compare it to that cheap CG animated meant to be a DTV, but was accidently pushed to theaters, Legends of Oz movie that's being advertised at the top of this page which made $981k on its first day, and less than $4 million on opening weekend.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
The budget is $50 million. I'm not sure which source is telling you it's $54, unless they spent $4 million on marketing, but that usually doesn't count in the film's budget.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
The budget is $50 million. I'm not sure which source is telling you it's $54, unless they spent $4 million on marketing, but that usually doesn't count in the film's budget.
Really? I heard people on this forum say that, but if the budget is $50 million than...

WE'VE PASSED THE BUDGET BY $12,328! Sure not that much, but at least it's a modest success and NOT A FLOP!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yeah I'm sure that's exactly how Disney reacted...maybe from the last film they did.

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
WE'VE PASSED THE BUDGET BY $12,328! Sure not that much, but at least it's a modest success and NOT A FLOP!
And it took almost 2 months for that to happen. And I'm sure the $50 million budget doesn't include marketing. No matter what sort of positive spin you try to put on it, this is nothing to celebrate in any way, shape or form.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
And it took almost 2 months for that to happen. And I'm sure the $50 million budget doesn't include marketing. No matter what sort of positive spin you try to put on it, this is nothing to celebrate in any way, shape or form.
MARKETING DOESN'T COUNT WITH THE PRODUCTION BUDGET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Sheesh so many pessemistics 'round here! Yes Disney isn't jumping for joy, yes it's not as big of a success or even much of a success as the first film, BUT AT LEAST IT'S NOT considered a flop!!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Stoller directed that one, but he's also been the man who's co-written the last two Muppets films, including the recent Muppets Most Wanted. The latter hasn't enjoyed such box office success sadly, with the film taking a disappointing $70m worldwide. Hurt by competition from the likes of Rio 2 and Mr Peabody And Sherman, the film's take is a long way shy of the $165m grossed by The Muppets two years earlier.

So: what happened? Stoller, talking to IndieWire, said of Muppets Most Wanted that "I love that movie and I think it turned out great. I don't know why it didn't do better... It was upsetting that it didn't open better but it will live on forever, hopefully, on DVD and in libraries".