Votes: 18 9.9%
  • 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

Bridget

Reaction score
I am very late to this thread, but I needed to let out all of my excitement, squeals, and enthusiasm so that I will not yell out anyone's eardrums about this wonderful, wonderful film! Here is my review:

Let me begin by saying, this film has definitely made it to my list of top Muppet movies of all time. This film has definitely stolen my heart, and included basically everything perfect needed for a Muppet movie. It included catchy, well-written songs, a very humorous and enjoyable script, and most of all I was immediately able to see the classic spirit of my favourite fuzzy friends from the beginning in the opening number.

The songs were definitely my most memorable experience from the two times that I was able to see this film in theatres. I could barely keep my mouth shut each time one would begin! Not only were the songs catchy and fun to sing along to, but they were also VERY well written for the personalities of the characters who sang them. I could not and still cannot stop raving about how excellent the music was in this movie! I am completely overwhelmed and amazed! Unlike the movie prior to this one, (The Muppets), I actually find it difficult and quite brain-boggling to pick my favorite! However, if I must choose my top three...

1) We're Doing A Sequel (I adore how they began the movie by breaking the fourth wall, just as done in The Great Muppet Caper. It was hilarious and I smiled the entire way through!)
2) I'm Number One (Constantine definitely took this one away, and it was indeed HIS show. I loved the dancing, the memorable "Dance Monkey Dance!", and of course the enthusiasm in the acting! Well done indeed!)
3) The Big House (This song of all of them is more than likely the one that I sing the most in public. It is extremely catchy, and Tina Fey did a superior job at perfecting her accent. It also had that old-school feel that I love to hear in Muppet Music!

I fell in a deep spell with all of Miss Piggy's outfit. Her designer completely outdid herself in designing Miss Piggy's wardrobe, and made her look more fashionable than I have ever seen in forever. You can really tell that she put her all into it, and each outfit left me in a complete jaw drop. My favourite outfit(s) that my most looked up to diva of all time wore, is definitely the two dresses seen in "Something So Right", and of course her golden wear in the opening number. She wore it like a true queen, and I just know that Piggy enjoyed being dressed in such beautiful threads.

The humour in this movie probably left my laughter above everyone elses. The part that I laughed the most in was more than likely Kermit's escape attempts, I'm Number One, and Interrogation Song. They are slowly bringing themselves back up to the standards of Muppet humour, and that really made me smile.

Constantine is now no doubt ranked number two (even though you're number one dear), of my favorite Muppets. I love how he was not just used as a doppelgänger for Kermit, but rather transformed into a full-time well developed character. He is lovable, HILARIOUS, and just an epic frog that I hope to see more of in the future. Matt Vogel plays his well, and he is my second favorite Muppet played by this puppeteer other than The Count! Great job team!

Overall, this movie has a special place in my heart. I can truly say without a sense of doubt, they did a phenomenal job!

brkndwnbus

Reaction score
My daughter was born on opening day, so it took me a while to get to see this, but my wife, my daughter and my mom went and saw it yesterday.

We all really enjoyed it. I liked that this was less focused on the human actors than the 2011 film. A little more Chef and Rowlf would have been a bonus, but the movie was really a fun time.

Fozzie's joke about the Muppets not thinking of paying off journalists and audience members earlier was great.

I'll be trying to see it again in theaters soon.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
If Disney tried to please all the fans about certain Muppets having more screen time a movie would've never be made. :stick_out_tongue:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Aw I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Sweetums

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
Good lord, that Matt Vogel sure is super-talented and versatile! Not only can he do several Jerry Nelson characters (some that even sound incredibly close to the original voices), but when I was watching that video, it just felt and sounded EXACTLY like Richard Hunt was doing it! Maybe I need to listen a couple more times but I couldn't hear any difference at all. Also, one of the best things about MMW (and the soundtrack) IMO is his performance as Constantine. Just amazing. The hard work he put into that character really shows.

Thank you, galagr. Just what I needed :smile:

I did go see the movie for my fourth time on Friday. I thought that that week or next might be the last that they play it in the cinema, plus I saw TM four times in the cinema and wanted to do the same for MMW :stick_out_tongue:.

I think I enjoyed it slightly less this time. Not because I didn't love the movie. I think it was partly because of seeing the movie for the first time with the knowledge of it not doing as well as it should have, and having read quite a bit of negative reactions (though quite a lot it was really idiots saying things like "this movie should have had Jason Segal!!"). But I think what also affected my enjoyment a little was that the only people in the room were me and a family with two little kids who would not shut up. They also kept leaving the room and coming back. As you can imagine, it was quite distracting.

When I went to the final screening for TM in 2012, it was literally just me in the room and I was free to sing-along and laugh as loudly as I wanted. It was awesome - a room with Muppets on the big screen all to myself... HEAVEN! :fanatic: I was hoping that when I saw MMW for the last time on the big screen, the same thing would happen. Oh well :stick_out_tongue:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
During one of the three times I went a couple walked out on the movie if that's not enough bring down your optimism I don't know what is...well I guess a less then packed theater too. :frown:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I had a little extra cash so I thought I might go, and see the movie again....Sadly it's not playing anywhere near me.