Television Renewals and Cancellations 2014

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Double-posting for news: CBS has cancelled The Crazy Ones, which means that both of the much-ballyhooed returns to the TV from this past fall washed out with Robin Williams and Michael J. Fox. They also canceled Friends With Better Lives and Bad Teacher, though that surprised no one.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Yes, Community's ratings were a bit underwhelming, but after five great seasons, it had a dedicated and loyal fan base built in and made money. Like NBC has so many big-name long-running comedies lined up at the moment. The only comedy they have now is Parks & Rec (which I'm a fan of) so I hope NBC plummets real big next year when they air yet another couple of stupid comedies that won't last.

Also, I don't think this is the complete end for Community. I can see it getting picked up by Netflix or Hulu or another venue that actually appreciates the show rather than getting kicked around by NBC. At the end of the last season, various venues approached Sony to buy the rights for future episodes in case NBC pulls the plug, which is reassuring now, and I'm hoping some other company will swoop in and bring it back on it's feet in some form.

Last Man Standing was renewed? Who's even watching that show?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Double-posting for news: CBS has cancelled The Crazy Ones, which means that both of the much-ballyhooed returns to the TV from this past fall washed out with Robin Williams and Michael J. Fox. They also canceled Friends With Better Lives and Bad Teacher, though that surprised no one.
I'm fed up with television. They went full on Stormtrooper on every new show. Why freaking bother? I can't wait to see the horrible reality singing competitions they'll pull out of their butts. Didn't even try to give anything a chance.

They royally screwed over Crazy Ones, especially when they moved the slot to Two and a Half Men. A show that's only on because Chuck Lorre won't let them get rid of it no matter how low the ratings sank. And I LOVE the self satisfying Season finale. Jeez. It's like one of the worst shows on television now.

Is The Millers okay?

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
Okay, since "The Crazy Ones" and "The Michael J. Fox Show" are cancelled, I've decided to stop watching network TV altogether. Now, all I watch is Anime, Sports and anything that looks interesting to pass time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Apparently, The Crazy Ones got cancelled because the ratings were good, but not good enough to justify the budget. Way to cheap out on a television show, CBS. I'm sure Robin Williams's salary for the show isn't nearly what that twerp that "found religion" dumped after leaving 2,5 Men. At least he had the decency to desert a sinking (but constantly renewed) ship.

Seriously. I caught, like, the last 3 minutes of that (after the episode of Transformers Headmasters I watched instead ended), and they had the most arrogant middle finger of dialogue to anyone who got sick of that show. Imagine Larry Bird's heartfelt, heroic, overly optimistic speech about "no one thought we'd make it this far" done as a taunt. Made me want to punch oth the TV.

At least Goldbergs and The Millers are something to look forward to seeing again next season. At least 2 of the best sitcoms survived. Thing that ticks me off, though? Have you seen the crap they're trying to pitch next season? There's Anthony Anderson. Yeah, the guy who has had at least 2 other sitcoms that lasted 3 episodes. Wise investment. And there's something called "Selfie" which the title alone makes me weep.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I'm so glad that Two And A Half Men got canceled because I hate that show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It never did. It's going to be renewed forever, no matter how far over the shark it jumped.

Try reading the whole post next time.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
It never did. It's going to be renewed forever, no matter how far over the shark it jumped.

Try reading the whole post next time.

CBS announced that Season 12 will be the last season of Two And A Half Men.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Better...the HECK...be.

Seriously. Chuck Lorre only keeps this on for spite. His other shows are much better, if over-exposed. But 2.5 Men should have ended the year before Charlie left.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Better...the HECK...be.

Seriously. Chuck Lorre only keeps this on for spite. His other shows are much better, if over-exposed. But 2.5 Men should have ended the year before Charlie left.

It is the last season.