Your dream voice cast

Xerus

Reaction score
If you had a chance for a cartoon to get animated, which voice artists would you think would be perfect for your characters? This is my dream voice cast for my 3 cartoons.

For REBUSQUEST

VICTOR YERRID: Carson
CREE SUMMER: Reba
KEVIN MICHAEL RICHARDSON: Syrus Cyclops
MAURICE LaMARCHE: Watch Doctor
ROB PAULSEN: Farmer Brownnose
TARA STRONG: Squidia Inks and Eye-Van
RICHARD EPCAR: Puzz McPuzzler
KELLY MacDONALD: Lass

For X.O. SEAL

ROB PAULSEN: X.O. Seal, Porkround, Goatee
TARA STRONG: Violet, Turkish Delilah, Dr. Peepers
MAURICE LaMARCHE: Inspector Eastway, Woolcap
VICTOR YERRID: Mr. Kittyfish

For SKELROY AND BONUS

RICHARD EPCAR: Skelroy, Frenzy
KEVIN MICHAEL RICHARDSON: Bonus, Trax
CREE SUMMER: Whitney, Little Dude
SANDRA OH: Sherrif Juniko Wannai

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't any cartoons or comics I'd like to see animated, however, I do sometimes think about what kinds of voices I think would work with my puppets, even though puppets need puppeteers, not voice actors.

Still, I can hear certain kinds of voices from certain characters in my mind... such as The Squirrely Squirrels, here are the kind of voices I can hear for each of them: E.G. Daily for Jennifer, Kath Soucie for Julie (perfect for the obnoxious chuckle), and Fran Brill for Justine.

Xerus

Reaction score
Also, if someone wanted to make Rebusquest a puppet series, I can imagine these puppeteers performing either felt puppets or full bodied computerized puppets.

STEPHANIE D'ABRUZZO: Reba
MATT VOGEL: Syrus Cyclops and Puzz McPuzzler
DAVID RUDMAN: Watch Doctor
JIM MARTIN: Farmer Brownnose
ALICE DINNEAN-VERNON: Squidia Inks and Eye-Van
LESLIE CARRARA-RUDOLPH: Lass

Drtooth

Reaction score
I want every voice actor from every major faction, union and non-union... heck, some overseas to do voicework for something. A movie, a cartoon... whatever. There are great talents from all over California, New York, Canada... Texas even. It would be great to get the best of all those different voice actors from all over to voice something.

But you know... unions. Thanks for nothing, Wally Burr.

Heh... just kidding about unions, though. Kinda sucked they couldn't put things aside when they did that TMNT anniversary movie. yet, I still don't get how the same dude that did Leo's voice for the 2k3 series can be one of the Venture Bros, but they couldn't get them to get the older TMNT 87 cast to do their respective voices. If I ever bump into that guy again, I HAVE to ask.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Also, if someone wanted to make Rebusquest a puppet series, I can imagine these puppeteers performing either felt puppets or full bodied computerized puppets.

STEPHANIE D'ABRUZZO: Reba
MATT VOGEL: Syrus Cyclops and Puzz McPuzzler
DAVID RUDMAN: Watch Doctor
JIM MARTIN: Farmer Brownnose
ALICE DINNEAN-VERNON: Squidia Inks and Eye-Van
LESLIE CARRARA-RUDOLPH: Lass
Maybe you can do like the Kroffts, have the human characters played by live actors, and the others are life size, full bodied puppets.

Xerus

Reaction score
I want every voice actor from every major faction, union and non-union... heck, some overseas to do voicework for something. A movie, a cartoon... whatever. There are great talents from all over California, New York, Canada... Texas even. It would be great to get the best of all those different voice actors from all over to voice something.

But you know... unions. Thanks for nothing, Wally Burr.

Heh... just kidding about unions, though. Kinda sucked they couldn't put things aside when they did that TMNT anniversary movie. yet, I still don't get how the same dude that did Leo's voice for the 2k3 series can be one of the Venture Bros, but they couldn't get them to get the older TMNT 87 cast to do their respective voices. If I ever bump into that guy again, I HAVE to ask.
Yes, I remember Rob Paulsen saying that he's not allowed to perform in certain cartoons like anime because his union won't allow it.

Also, if I had to go with a New York voice cast I'd choose...

SEBASTIAN ARCELUS: Carson
VERONICA TAYLOR: Reba
DAN GREEN: X.O. Seal
KERRY WILLIAMS: Violet
MARC THOMPSON: Inspector Eastway
SEAN SCHEMMEL: Skelroy
MICHAEL SINTERNIKLAAS: Bonus

Or if the choice were a Canadian voice cast:

AIDAN DRUMMOND: Carson
JANYSE JAUD: Reba
PETER NEW: X.O. Seal
BRITT McKILLIP: Violet
SEAN CULLEN: Inspector Eastway and Skelroy
LEE TOCKAR: Bonus

Xerus

Reaction score
Maybe you can do like the Kroffts, have the human characters played by live actors, and the others are life size, full bodied puppets.
Hmmm, maybe so. Perhaps have Reba as a live action teenage girl with purple makeup and huge pointy ears. And her ponytail could get computer animated whenever it points to a rebus clue or when it has to grab something.

For X.O. Seal. Have Violet and Inspector Eastway played by live actors and X.O. Seal as a hand puppet played by someone like Victor Yerrid. And the Livestock Mob can be full bodied puppets.

As for Skelroy and Bonus, since they're bare skeletons, they'd probably have to be marionettes.

Hayley B

Reaction score
Yes, I remember Rob Paulsen saying that he's not allowed to perform in certain cartoons like anime because his union won't allow it.
I didn't know that. But the only anime I really know is Sailor Moon and a little bit of Dragonball/Dragonball Z/ Dragonball GT .

Kinda unfair since Veronica Taylor can do Ash from Pokemon. But then again that's pretty much the big character that she really has.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
If it were possible to bring back a few greats from the past, count in Mel Blanc, Paul Winchell, John Fiedler, Dallas McKennon, Thurl Ravenscroft, and Lucille Bliss for starters.