WDW MUPPET MERCHANDISE

Mark Johns

Reaction score
I just got back from a weeks vacation at Walt Disney World and saw MuppetVision 3D twice and was totally disappointed at lack of merchandise. 1 little corner!! That's it. Sad and pathetice. A few pins, shirts and books, that's about it. I have over 2,000 pcs of Muppet collectibles and was hoping to add with this trip, but only got a few new items. PATHETIC DISNEY!!!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Let's face it: Disney doesn't like doing stuff for Muppet fans.

Not true.

For some crazy reason, the Disney Parks merch line-up is different from the Disney Store lineup. They had a whole bunch of new stuff in the DS for MMW, but oddly, the only new merchandise added to the parks in honor of the movie were two coffee mugs. That's it! Coffee mugs!

The Disney Parks lineup is rather pathetic if you ask me. There's barely any merchandise to be found on ANYTHING worthwhile from any franchise. You can find some nice plush around the parks and whatnot, but if you're looking for something from a specific franchise, you won't find much. Muppets actually have a nice role in the merchandise aspect of the parks, if you know where to look you can find some nice new stuff, and there's Muppet stuff in every park, which doesn't always happen to other Disney properties.

Mark Johns

Reaction score
Not true.

For some crazy reason, the Disney Parks merch line-up is different from the Disney Store lineup. They had a whole bunch of new stuff in the DS for MMW, but oddly, the only new merchandise added to the parks in honor of the movie were two coffee mugs. That's it! Coffee mugs!

The Disney Parks lineup is rather pathetic if you ask me. There's barely any merchandise to be found on ANYTHING worthwhile from any franchise. You can find some nice plush around the parks and whatnot, but if you're looking for something from a specific franchise, you won't find much. Muppets actually have a nice role in the merchandise aspect of the parks, if you know where to look you can find some nice new stuff, and there's Muppet stuff in every park, which doesn't always happen to other Disney properties.
There is merch around but it's hardly anything. We spent a week there and other than pins, there was hardly anything at animal and magic kingdom.

ToodlesTeam

Reaction score
Kermit is everywhere if you pay attention, but otherwise the Muppet's representation in merchandise is fairly modest at the parks. It's better now than it was a couple years ago. When I was there this year it was pretty easy to find Muppet stuff, even if there wasn't a lot. I spotted a Beaker keychain at a kiosk outside MuppetVision that I didn't see anywhere else on my trip, so I was glad I snatched one up when I saw it. A couple years ago, despite checking almost every store, I could hardly find anything.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
There is merch around but it's hardly anything. We spent a week there and other than pins, there was hardly anything at animal and magic kingdom.

Strangely, they sell a lot of Muppet stuff at Journey into Imagination with Figment in Epcot.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Epcot is the one park we didn't make it to.

Don't worry, It's not anything that unique, but it has a lot of stuff in one place that you generally find scattered throughout all the parks. Most of it is the same as the store by Muppet-Vision 3D.

beaker

Reaction score
I just got back from a weeks vacation at Walt Disney World and saw MuppetVision 3D twice and was totally disappointed at lack of merchandise. 1 little corner!! That's it. Sad and pathetice. A few pins, shirts and books, that's about it. I have over 2,000 pcs of Muppet collectibles and was hoping to add with this trip, but only got a few new items. PATHETIC DISNEY!!!
Very disappointing to hear. Though not surprising. Disney just is not too interesting in making merchandise for the Muppets, be it for their own places or for other stores. Let's face it, 2003-2005 was pretty much the last time we were treated well as Muppet collectors. :frown: