Why Did The Quote Thread Get Deleted?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Somebody riddle me this. I mean... what sense does this make? The thread has been around since, well, almost forever, and... what could have caused it to get deleted? There really wasn't anything specific about the thread other than posting quotes, so it rarely got derailed, muffined, hijacked, or anything. I really don't see any kind of reason why the Quote Thread would have needed to be deleted.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Somebody riddle me this. I mean... what sense does this make? The thread has been around since, well, almost forever, and... what could have caused it to get deleted? There really wasn't anything specific about the thread other than posting quotes, so it rarely got derailed, muffined, hijacked, or anything. I really don't see any kind of reason why the Quote Thread would have needed to be deleted.

Unless for some odd reason they considered all of the quotes spam, or spamish. That would be the only thing I could think of. I mean I've never seen them delete a thread because it was to big.

galagr

Reaction score
That really is strange. I know a lot of people posted in that thread (even I did it on occasion), and it easily had over 150 pages.

However, I think I know why the thread was deleted. There was a certain member (who will remain unnamed for the time being. Don't worry, muppetfan24/7, its not you.) that would constantly post in that thread. Seriously, with no exaggeration, every other post was theirs, and they were probably the main reason the thread stayed active. I even remember D'Snowth posting something in that thread about that member, bu the post got deleted.

Incessant posting IS a type of spamming, is suppose. Even if it really annoyed no one.

So yeah. Not really a surprise to me.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Simple answer... There was a particular member deemed a spammer who posted quotes in the thread, and other members contributed to the run-on of that first person's posts. So since it was impossible to excise the crud, the entire thread had to be deleted.

A new thread can be started, but please be on alert not to let the run-on happen again. Thanks.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I hadn't noticed that. I do know there was a member who seemed to always post a quote immediately after someone else would post a quote, every single time, and it was brought up a time or two.

I can understand what you're getting at Ed, but... still... couldn't the thread have just simply have been locked/closed, rather than delete an entire piece of MC history?

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Simple answer... There was a particular member deemed a spammer who posted quotes in the thread, and other members contributed to the run-on of that first person's posts. So since it was impossible to excise the crud, the entire thread had to be deleted.

A new thread can be started, but please be on alert not to let the run-on happen again. Thanks.
Nooooo! Am I a spammer?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
@D'Snowth:
Could the Quotes thread have been locked/closed? Yes... Except I no longer have the power to do so. Or rather, each time I try to use that Mod Option it doesn't really work.

@Fracklefan2012:
No, you're not the spammer in question, but you did contribute to the problem.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
@D'Snowth:
Could the Quotes thread have been locked/closed? Yes... Except I no longer have the power to do so. Or rather, each time I try to use that Mod Option it doesn't really work.

@Fracklefan2012:
No, you're not the spammer in question, but you did contribute to the problem.
Oh, thanks for the info.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Oh, I wasn't here when that thread was here or even when it got deleted. It would be awesome if there was a new version of it, and I got to post on it. That thread sounds like fun!!

( R.I.P. Quote Thread, I give you my deepest condolences.)