Disney has done everything RIGHT in 2014

muppet maniac

Reaction score
You can't imagine how hard it is for someone like me who's overseas where the movie hasn't made it yet. Now I'm stuck with either having to wait three more months or trying to find a ripped version to watch online - so far no luck.

(shakes both arms a la Tommy Wiseau) "You are tearing me apart Muppets!"

DutchMuppet

Reaction score
Today I'm a little frustrated with Disney. Last week I entered a national contest (in the Netherlands). Question about who is your favorite Muppet. Entered with Rawlf (offcourse :sympathy: ). And I won! Free tickets for the movie and a t-shirt. Woohoo! Mail: You get your prize soon! Couple days went by: nothing. So today I emailed the company who gave away the prizes. Turns out: Disney is late with delivering the prizes. When I said that a lot of theaters will not show the movie after next week, they were surprised because the movie is just in cinema's. Explained that the movie is already a week and a half in theaters and because of the ticketsales a third week will not happen. But now they say "Yeah, but there will be one open so you must go there". Turns out to be Amsterdam: An 3 hour drive from my home! Just because Disney is slow with sending stuff. Sorry but I had to get it of my chest.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Ugh, sorry that happened. Poor planning on someone's part to say the least!

Drtooth

Reaction score
You can't imagine how hard it is for someone like me who's overseas where the movie hasn't made it yet. Now I'm stuck with either having to wait three more months or trying to find a ripped version to watch online - so far no luck.

(shakes both arms a la Tommy Wiseau) "You are tearing me apart Muppets!"
Today I'm a little frustrated with Disney. Last week I entered a national contest (in the Netherlands). Question about who is your favorite Muppet. Entered with Rawlf (offcourse :sympathy: ). And I won! Free tickets for the movie and a t-shirt. Woohoo! Mail: You get your prize soon! Couple days went by: nothing. So today I emailed the company who gave away the prizes. Turns out: Disney is late with delivering the prizes. When I said that a lot of theaters will not show the movie after next week, they were surprised because the movie is just in cinema's. Explained that the movie is already a week and a half in theaters and because of the ticketsales a third week will not happen. But now they say "Yeah, but there will be one open so you must go there". Turns out to be Amsterdam: An 3 hour drive from my home! Just because Disney is slow with sending stuff. Sorry but I had to get it of my chest.
Now they're doing everything wrong.

The movie barely made budget over here, so why not try to recoup losses overseas? It's baffling to say the least.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Now they're doing everything wrong.

The movie barely made budget over here, so why not try to recoup losses overseas? It's baffling to say the least.

Why respond to a post that is already several months old now, as well as being moot? :confused:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Well, ya Disney kind of over-did advertising. I mean just 1 toyota commercial during the super bowl, and lipton tea during the oscars was quite enough to get people on the road, as well as advertisements for the film every now and then, but they totally over-killed with the billions of shows they were on like GMA, QVC, Jimmy Kimmel, the chew, etc. I mean not everyone in the world isn't an obsessed muppet fan, some people just get annoyed.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Well, ya Disney kind of over-did advertising. I mean just 1 toyota commercial during the super bowl, and lipton tea during the oscars was quite enough to get people on the road, as well as advertisements for the film every now and then, but they totally over-killed with the billions of shows they were on like GMA, QVC, Jimmy Kimmel, the chew, etc. I mean not everyone in the world isn't an obsessed muppet fan, some people just get annoyed.
You bring up an interesting point, but honestly, the advertising wasn't any more overdone than most movie promotions (or ads in general) nowadays. The main problem as I see it is that the movie was released at the tail end of what turned out to be a crowded season of family movies; most of them were critical and/or financial hits (Frozen, Lego Movie, Peabody & Sherman). That and Divergent seemed to come out of nowhere, but I digress...

It does make me think how much better it would've done if it had been released over the summer. The first three Muppet films premiered in June and July. Plus, the only family movies I can think of that are being released this summer are the How to Train Your Dragon and Planes sequels.

Luke

Reaction score
Totally agree - and I think we will see same with Star Wars too. I think as has been said it's that combination of putting the backing behind a property but also understanding it creatively and doing all the things with it the "universe" of fans have dreamed of. Disney used to Disneyfy things, even around MWOZ time, but I think now they have organically grown from being about much more than mouse ears. Good job all round.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Hold up, I know this has nothing to do with the topic, but beaker has only been on this forum for 12 years, not 16. He joined in 2002. Therefore, he never could've chatted with people in 1998, nor 1999.

Aaron

Reaction score
Hold up, I know this has nothing to do with the topic, but beaker has only been on this forum for 12 years, not 16. He joined in 2002. Therefore, he never could've chatted with people in 1998, nor 1999.
The forum has switched hosts since 1998. Everyone had to re-register. Beaker has been here since 1998