Muppets on CNN tonight at 9:00 EST

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Right after Jim passed away the Muppets did a wonderful tribute show called the Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson. Throughout the show Fozzie and the Muppets where asked to put together a tribute for this man named Jim Henson while Kermit was traveling. Throughout the show Fozzie, Piggy and the others start learning about who Jim was, and how he impacted not only there lives, but the lives of so many others around the world. Just before the Muppets production is about the begin Fozzie discovers actual letters from fans. With the very first letter read the Muppets discover that Jim had died, and that many more people loved and respected Jim. After reading a few more letters Fozzie decides that the show they where going to put on was not good enough for such a wonderful person, and cancelled the production in the end Robin helps Fozzie and the others realize that if Just one person believe in you you can do anything.

This little show was in my mind one of the most important in the Muppets history, and yet it somehow gets ignored. The Muppets learned who Jim was and then learned of his death, and I don't think they would forget that. So to have Piggy, and other Muppets not know who Jim was kind of makes me a little upset. I mean after that special i just don't think the Muppets would forget or not know who Jim was and what he meant to them and the rest of the world.
Overthinking it, you are.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Overthinking it, you are.

I don't see how I'm over thinking it. It just seems to me as if the Muppets would not forget who Jim was after that special is all I'm saying. The act like it never happened!

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
That is so cool!! I'll be sure to honor you in a special thread for you. Oh man, did I just type that?? It was supposed to be a surprise!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This little show was in my mind one of the most important in the Muppets history, and yet it somehow gets ignored. The Muppets learned who Jim was and then learned of his death, and I don't think they would forget that. So to have Piggy, and other Muppets not know who Jim was kind of makes me a little upset. I mean after that special i just don't think the Muppets would forget or not know who Jim was and what he meant to them and the rest of the world.

Well, the Muppets never really follow a specific canon. By the time of that special, Miss Piggy and Gonzo should have known who Jim was already, as they both interacted with him in The Jim Henson Hour Pitch Tape, and in The Secrets of the Muppets Gonzo and Bean (and probably Clifford) knew who Jim was.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Though why were TMM and GMC listed as AFD and Universal Pictures? I know they were originally from that company, but aren't they owned by Disney?
I wondered about those as well. I wonder if those things were mainly where their copies come from (a few things listed "courtesy of YouTube"). Interestingly, most TMM clips had a "courtesy of American Film Distribution", but I also saw at least one clip that said "courtesy of Walt Disney Studios". So they used two different copies and noted which one the clips came from? Though I've been under the assumption that CNN began after The Jim Henson Company purchased back the rights to all the ITC productions (maybe I'm wrong).

It seems like all of the Sesame Street clips featured were taken from Old School Volume 1, and all the TMS clips from season three.

If only this had been an hour longer, they could have had sections on other characters besides Kermit and Piggy (like Fozzie and Gonzo), on Muppet music, and on guest stars.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I can't help but feel that this piece Flanderizes Piggy's character again.

Why can't the writers take a cue from the recent theatrical films and fully bring her character back to who she once was?!

Otherwise, I REALLY hope that it's all just an act or a skit when Piggy & Kermit do that shtick nowadays, because they THINK the public wants controversy, as this DXD video sums up:

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
That wasn't bad, albeit weirdly-timed (it seemed like this was designed to be run on MMW's debut weekend but got mysteriously pushed back).

The host was clearly enthusiastic about what she was doing and that added to the good vibes of the whole presentation, although I was a little annoyed that she seemed to think that the original Kermit-Piggy wedding scene occurred in TMM instead of TMTM.

Ah well...at least we got some positive spin about the Muppets at a time when we're feeling a little blue about MMW's box-office numbers. And yeah, Terry Crews calling Kermit a "national icon" was really cool.

As for the Muppets seemingly not knowing who Jim is - I recalled Piggy sadly reading the letters from fans at the end of The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson and, as such, I initially bristled when she said "Who's Jim Henson?" in that clip. That being said, though, I can understand the disconnect from the Jim era (especially among some of the newer Muppet performers) and the desire to not continually revisit the sadness of his death in 1990. I think Jim himself would be disappointed at the concept that any conversation about the Muppets in this day and age would be contingent on sad memories of a life that ended far too soon.