Another Stupid movie to Overreact to...

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Oh, that makes sense. I don't live in Britain, so I have absolutely no idea of who he is.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Please, use your indoor voice.

And who cares? A most-likely bad remake to well-disliked musical.

Thank FROG! I was hoping I wasn't the only one. My hate for Annie is bottomless. Barney the Dinosaur's more cynical... and his music's less annoying. Yeah, I went there.

Now I can't say I'm a huge musical buff, but I know what works and what doesn't. I'm actually looking forward to the Into the Woods movie, even though with those crappy fairytale action movies, they're bound to do something to it. But this?! Remake the darn thing with Martin Lawrence in a fat suit in drag as Annie and it wouldn't suck anymore than it originally did.

Anyone here talked about the Postman Pat Movie yet on this thread? Because it's stupid. Mostly harmless, but oh so very very stupid.
Is it as stupid as his cat getting a crummy CGI kiddy show?

Mr Snrub

Reaction score
Apparently, the Hank the Cowdog books are popular, (I wouldn't know. I've never read them.) And like all popular kid-targeted books (or any book for that matter), they're getting a film adaptation

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:batty: Shh, don't mention Annie around my friend here, it and the song "Tomorrow" are a few of his trigger vords.

Oh, and the reason I'm posting here tonight... Just found an article stating that Sonic the Hedgehog will have his own hybrid live/CGI movie developed by Sony. Among the things I found humorous in the same write-up were how the president of the animation company that will team up with Sony to make this happens says that Sony Pictures has had "great success" with hybrid live action/CGI films. Yeah, said by someone who has no knowledge of Sony's previous bombs in that particular genre.

And the tag by the author of the article was funny as well, expressing he's hoping for Chaotix to get its own film as well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh, and the reason I'm posting here tonight... Just found an article stating that Sonic the Hedgehog will have his own hybrid live/CGI movie developed by Sony. Among the things I found humorous in the same write-up were how the president of the animation company that will team up with Sony to make this happens says that Sony Pictures has had "great success" with hybrid live action/CGI films. Yeah, said by someone who has no knowledge of Sony's previous bombs in that particular genre.

And the tag by the author of the article was funny as well, expressing he's hoping for Chaotix to get its own film as well.
I'd only accept that if Sega puts such a freaking leash on them that it makes the one they put on Archie Comics * look lenient. Sega should be smart enough to realize these video game based movies tend to be awful, and blights on the fanbase(with the odd exception of Resident Evil supposedly). They're all such jokes that even the edgier, darker Street Fighter movie is even worse than the original one. And Sonic is a very stable brand otherwise. It has perhaps the longest running licensed character comic book by the same publication company, if not one of them. Sonic X has been rerun so long (almost a decade) it outlived 4Kids by 2 years. Sega would be wise to basically write an outline of the film, and give them a huge list of what they can and can't do with the characters.

UGH!!! Does it have to be Sonic?? I would rather have it be Mario!
Oh, like that completely terrible box office bomb that scared Nintendo away from licensing out any of their characters to non-video game media? Koopa's cameo in Wreck-it-Ralph is as close as we're going to get, unless Disney makes another Wreck-it-Ralph. I'm not kidding. That horrible live action movie scared Nintendo into refusing to lend out Mario characters for so much as a comic book (not that Archie Comics didn't try. And &^%$ them. We could have had a three way Mario/Sonic/Mega Man crossover). That's why Mario hasn't had a cartoon series for over 20 years. They didn't even release the Japanese movie in Japan, and it's only been leaked via Youtube. They HATE adaptions they don't have control over. And frankly, considering their console's not that great sales, it's high time Mario made some sort of leap to some sort of not video screen.

* Among other things, the refusal to use any Sonic media outside of the games, and Sat AM, with a tight restriction on AOSTH - this was the reason Sonic Universe 50's story went from a Sonic Underground story to one about Metal Sonic with a heavily edited reprint of Sonic issue 25's Sonic CD story to bulk it up- not letting Sonic get close in his relationship with Sally, since Sonic can never be tied down as that's out of character for some reason, and even not letting them call Mobius "Mobius" anymore. This doesn't count what that d-bag Ken Penders did.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You do know there's a new series titled Sonic Boom coming to CN this fall right?

And if only they could get that proposed Castlevania movie out of Production Circle 9 and into actual production. They've got two potential script ideas for Vlad's sake. :scary:

Drtooth

Reaction score
You do know there's a new series titled Sonic Boom coming to CN this fall right?

Oh, absolutely. At least Sega's open to animated versions of their properties, Nintendo. Heck, unlike those guys, Sega's open to video game versions of their cartoons, even though the Sat AM game didn't go anywhere. Sonic Boom even has a tie in game. Only time I saw the DIC version of Koopa (who's design I actually preferred over Nintendo even after they bulked him up and made him look more threatening in the 3-D game era) outside of the cartoon or Valiant published comics was like some odd water ring toss game they released last decade. Meanwhile, AOSTH's version of Robotnik was preferred for American, British, and Australian merchandising.

Though it does suck there was a Sonic X Chris action figure and Bocoe and Decoe never got one.

It's in the works, so they say, and they also say that they plan to use Mario as a character.
Yeah. I heard that and I hope it happens. Mario needs to reach an audience outside of video games. I liked the games and all, but the Super Show actually got me more into the characters than the game did.