Most Annoying TV Series Ever?

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
Yeah, but at least with T.U.F.F. Puppy, there's a level of effort in the writing. Butch Hartman shows are loud and frantic with questionable character choices that get a huge love/hate thing going. Danny Phantom is pretty much the highest quality of those series, or at least one you can watch at a moderate volume after a hangover. Sure, these shows may be obnoxious, but at least they worked at making them that way. They think it's funny, at least they're pleasing themselves. Wyld Gryindahzzzzz is the most effortless, terrible thing I've seen in a long time. Perhaps ever. I'd say this smacks of old white guys in a boardroom, but even that's giving it too much credit. It exists to A) sell pretty lousy toys, and B) exploit the non-existant fame of some F-list Reality star guy. I can't imagine anyone getting any enjoyment on it on any level.
I feel that even if he tried, he really failed, because all that show comes across as terrible. I could make a better comedy with a potato than tuff puppy

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
Dog with a blog is another big contender. And Sanjay and Craig.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I feel that even if he tried, he really failed, because all that show comes across as terrible. I could make a better comedy with a potato than tuff puppy
No, he failed at entertaining you.

I hope TheMysteriousMrEnter looks at this someday, along with Loonatics, 'cause this looks real awful. He tackled Johnny Test, Breadwinners, and several bad SpongeBob episodes before, so this looks right up his alley.
Woild Groinnduhzzzzz should be the cussing stock of the internet as far as cartoons go. Cussing as opposed to laughing because it's not even funny in a So Bad it's Good. All those shows mentioned I can at least find something positive about. I mean, there's so many shows I vehemently dislike yet can find something of value in. Be it conceptual, visual, or even managing to make one joke. Heck, Johnny Test was watchable first season, for example. Also hate Street Sharks pretty bad, but do like the villain concept. But in 4 minutes I can't find anything to like about WG. Not even Cam Clarke. I've got high tolerance for dumb cartoons and all. I don't even hate that Gym Monkey thing half as bad. Just... WOW. WG needs more hate.

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
No, he failed at entertaining you.

Woild Groinnduhzzzzz should be the cussing stock of the internet as far as cartoons go. Cussing as opposed to laughing because it's not even funny in a So Bad it's Good. All those shows mentioned I can at least find something positive about. I mean, there's so many shows I vehemently dislike yet can find something of value in. Be it conceptual, visual, or even managing to make one joke. Heck, Johnny Test was watchable first season, for example. Also hate Street Sharks pretty bad, but do like the villain concept. But in 4 minutes I can't find anything to like about WG. Not even Cam Clarke. I've got high tolerance for dumb cartoons and all. I don't even hate that Gym Monkey thing half as bad. Just... WOW. WG needs more hate.
True we all have opinions.

Anyone remember battle toads?

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
So we're doing live-action shows now? Okay, I have a few:

• iCarly: It's just plain unpleasant, and not funny. The main character is bland (and I don't know who wanted to see that little brat from Drake and Josh in a starring role, but they must have been nuts), her best friend is a nasty little snot (I hate when writers write a character as a tomboy just to give her an excuse to act like a jerk while still being considered a "good guy"; and I use the word "tomboy" loosely, as Sam didn't really do much that would be considered tomboyish (play sports, climb trees, wear particularly non-feminine clothes or even hang out with mostly guy friends); she just acted like a jerk and talked about how much she loved food, but I digress), the only adults on the show are all morons, and of course, the only reasonably sane person on the show (the tech boy who has a crush on Carly) gets treated like dirt by everyone (really, I thought that whole "nerds/geeks are stupid; throw rocks at them" mindset died off at the end of the '90s). And kicking off that (thankfully brief) period where YouTube one-trick pony Fred was Nickelodeon's golden boy didn't help the show's case at all.
  • Victorious: Just another show that glorifies the mindset that "beautiful" people are the only ones who deserve kindness, and of course, the only thing that matters in life is becoming famous:rolleyes: . Any characters on this show who aren't just flat-out unlikable are too bland to feel either way about.
  • Sam & Cat: Yeah, brilliant idea! Take the two most annoying characters from the previous two shows and put them together! And have them run a babysitting service! Aside from the obnoxiousness of the two main characters, all the bad writing in the world couldn't get me to understand how any parents would leave their children in the care of these people. Can Nickelodeon just stop letting Dan Schneider create TV shows? He's NOT good at it.
Sorry, but I disagree. iCarly was funny for kids, and that was what Nick was all about. But, sometimes, they did try too hard to be funny. Now, Victorious was really good. I can name characters that were likeable. Andre, Robbie, Rex. Anyways, it's not about becoming famous. They're just in an acting school, like many people in normal life. Okay, yes, with Sam and Cat, they went too far. Like, we needed another annoying one: Goomer!!

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Sorry, but I disagree. iCarly was funny for kids, and that was what Nick was all about. But, sometimes, they did try too hard to be funny. Now, Victorious was really good. I can name characters that were likeable. Andre, Robbie, Rex. Anyways, it's not about becoming famous. They're just in an acting school, like many people in normal life. Okay, yes, with Sam and Cat, they went too far. Like, we needed another annoying one: Goomer!!
I'm sorry. I thought I was allowed to have my own opinions and express them on this forum. Guess I was wrong....

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyone remember battle toads?
I'll take the cartoon over the poorly programmed, glitch ridden, frustrating, unwinnable mess of a video game any day. I agree with the Game Grump who said something to the extent of nobody likes the game, and those who claim to are lying. Or something like that.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I'll take the cartoon over the poorly programmed, glitch ridden, frustrating, unwinnable mess of a video game any day. I agree with the Game Grump who said something to the extent of nobody likes the game, and those who claim to are lying. Or something like that.
Supposedly the Sega Genesis version is better because it's easy enough to actually beat.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Every version of the game I played makes me want to destroy something. The beat 'em up segments are genuinely enjoyable... maybe even moreso than some Konami ones (definitely better than the NES conversion of TMNT the Arcade Game, and that's a good one). But once you get to the lame flying thing that crashes into walls stage, the game becomes sadistic. And they put it...in...every...single...GAME!

Eh...

Well, back to the thread. While I could do a blanket complain about the current live action shows on Nick (which, unless they featured Pete and Pete or Kenan and Kel I never cared for), there's something special about Awfulness TV. Nick renewing a poorly rated show that no one likes isn't exactly new... but making a "movie" of an annoying character from the series as if anyone actually cared. That's some brass balls level of complete obliviousness.

Eyeball

Reaction score
Many if you may not know this on here (and count yourselves lucky of you don't) but I have to say the only way is Essex, I haven't seen a show with such an idiotic cast and unlikeable people with annoying accents not to mention it saddens me greatly as many younger people actually want to be like the said cast which actually makes me die a little bit inside....(ok maybe not that far but still it's awful).