Favorite Monsterpiece Theater segments

mikealan

Reaction score
Okay, okay. Let's have our talk of our favorite segments, the Monsterpiece Theater. I remember seeing them when I watched Sesame Street in my youth, and in this school year, I watched some of them. Mine were...

The Sound of Music
The King & I
Inside, Outside Story
Gone With the Wind
the Horse Whisperer
some story about the AM that had a really long nose

What are your favorites?

BlueAM

Reaction score
Now I wanna know: what does Cyranose de Bergerac look like? Tell me what specific AM he was, color and shape of his nose, hair color, clothes, etc.

Thanks!

BlueAM

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Cyranose DeBergerac: a profile

Voice: Jerry Nelson
Puppet type: hand and rod (and nose)
Skin color: lavender
Eyes: think Forgetful Jones or Prof. Hastings
Nose length: about 2 feet (human length)
Hair color: dark brown, I think
Clothes: think "Three Musketeers"

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good thing that I happened to meander into this thread at this time. Glad to see my friend BlueAM still plugging away to get textual descripts of as many characters he can get. PS: BlueAM, if you're online now and can get a chance, please send me an E-mail message with all the descripts you've gotten so far to date.
BTW: One of my faves was Grover as the Old Man and the C. Problem is that I can't recall many more classic Monsterpiece Theater segments cause they've focused on repeating a batch of them. Haven't seen Chariots of Fur in a long time and there are others like this one.
Liked Gone with the Wind involving Kermit and a female AM.
Oh, and the character correctly named "Cyranose" or "Cyrannose" "De Bergerac" or "DeBergerac"?
Please respond ASAP so that I can correct the entry in my master Muppet listings. Thanks for your help and have a good night.

manoftheSTREET

Reaction score
The Mel Gibson segments...

"Hamlet" (performed with Elmo)

"Lethal Weapon 3" (Mel Gibson and Danny Glover in character as Riggs and Murtaugh observing a danger sign. Why? Because of a gigantic stone number 3 about to descend on them)

Sincerely,

John "manoftheSTREET" Kilduff

CookieFan

Reaction score
Just saw "The Sun Always Rises" recently. Cracked me up. Grover going "We're ruined! Ruined!"

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by manoftheSTREET
"Lethal Weapon 3" (Mel Gibson and Danny Glover in character as Riggs and Murtaugh observing a danger sign. Why? Because of a gigantic stone number 3 about to descend on them)

I never seen that one...

I like

Gone with the Wind

ABCD Blue

Howards End

One Flew over the Cuckoos nest

Fiddler on the Roof

and the King and I

AT least, those are the ones I remember!

BlueAM

Reaction score
Drtooth, I wanna know:

What does Scarlett, the AM from Gone With the Wind look like? Please give me a full description of what she looks like (what type of AM she is, clothes, skin color, nose color and shape, and hair color).

Also, can you describe what the AMs from Fiddler on the Roof look like? There were obviously so many of them but describe as many as you can remember. Please try to describe what type of AMs they were, what clothes they had, skin color, hair color, and nose color and shape.

Thanks!

BlueAM