R.I.P. Casey Kasem

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
He passed away early this morning. It is a very sad day for his family and fans and it is also a sad time for us. We'll miss you Casey.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I will always remember Casey Kasem as Norville Rogers, better known as Shaggy. I'm glad Matthew Lillard was chosen as his successor since he was so perfectly cast in the live-action Scooby-Doo movies, though he did return to voice Shaggy's dad in Mystery Inc.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I share a birthday with him. That's not really a close bond or anything, but I always found it great that I had something sort-of-ish connecting me to a great cartoon character.

I love the story about how he just got so angry at the Transformers writers making Middle Eastern villains live in a country called Carbombistan, he just walked off the show forever. And a similar one where he stopped doing the voice of Shaggy because they were forcing him to do a Burger King commercial and he was either a vegetarian or a vegan.

His voice will seriously be missed.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate!"

--G1 Cliffjumper :smile:

theSHE124

Reaction score
If it's not Muppets, then the second thing I'm probably watching is a cartoon! My parents have seen Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? back in the day, & I got to see it since I was a little kid. It's the 3rd on my list of the best stuff on 1969 TV (#2: :wisdom: Sesame Street, and #1: The Apollo-11 landing, Man on the Moon!)

Anyway, I still love to watch Scooby-Doo stuff because there's always another mystery around the corner, plus I do love a good mystery story--I always do. :search: Casey had a good run as Dog's Best Friend+silliest eater! Like, we'll miss you, man!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Is it bad that my first memory of Casey Kasem (playing himself) was that Saved by the Bell episode with the dance contest where Screech and Lisa teach everyone "The Sprain?" Lol