Nick vs. Disney Channel

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
I was just looking at a couple of threads that had this question, but it hasn't been officially been asked on its own thread: Which do you like better, Nickelodeon or Disney Channel now? I'm going to have a bunch of threads like this for different time periods, but this one has to do with the 2010's. Which do you like better? I agree their live action have both been getting a little horrible, but I still would like to know your opinions.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
I honestly can't even decide, but I think I'm leaning towards Nick. But, that new Girl Meets World show looks good, because I really did like Boy Meets World. So, that may change my opinion.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I'm going to have to go with Disney Channel. At least they're not shoving tweencoms down everyone's throats as much as they did when Hannah Montana was big. They're also a little better with letting their cartoons take their time to gain an audience rather than swiftly cancelling them if they don't get instant SpongeBob-level ratings like Nick does.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Yep, I was going with that, because I was afraid people would get VERY mad if I picked Nick. I'm picking Disney Channel. It's much better. Personally, I like Jessie.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm going to have to go with Disney Channel. At least they're not shoving tweencoms down everyone's throats as much as they did when Hannah Montana was big. They're also a little better with letting their cartoons take their time to gain an audience rather than swiftly cancelling them if they don't get instant SpongeBob-level ratings like Nick does.
I honestly hate how Nick wants Spongebob level ratings...when they almost cancelled Spongebob in the first place. At least TMNT has a strong audience and merchandise presence. At least we're getting 3 seasons of it, and it's a great show. I think it's slowly becoming my favorite TMNT incarnation that's not a comic book. It made me almost completely forget about 2K3. Though it wouldn't hurt to rerun that on Nicktoons or something.

Disney, meanwhile... on the one hand, they know what they're doing, they know their audience, but there's literally nothing on for anyone who's over the age of 12. I'm removing XD from the equation, of course. That's a different channel. That's where the good stuff is on. Disney doesn't even have Phineas and Ferb regularly anymore. Just premiering special Phineas and Ferb projects, then going back to Dog with a Blog type crap.

So Nick only because it has stuff to watch.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Yeah, Gravity Falls and Wander's second seasons are premiering on XD now, but will still be rerun on DC... when they can.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really wish my cable package got XD. :stick_out_tongue: Seems they save the best stuff for that other channel, and it should be standard if you get Disney. I HATE the idea of having to pay a fortune so I can get like 2 other channels (also don't get The Hub, which is also pretty disappointing).

On the side of Nick never liking their animation talent, I have a thing about that. It's bad enough that they rarely let a cartoon live up to its potential recently... but the horror stories I hear about what they do to the animation talent. We all know the John K story. What they did with Robot and Monster was unforgivably nasty. They even fired the creator and shut the whole thing down (yet air it in an hour block daily). Not to say Disney's any better with how they treated Motorcity. Bonus points for coming off what CN did to MegasXL. CN won't even let them buy the rights to the show back.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I don't like either one of them, well, not as much as I used to for obvious reasons, but every once in a while if there's a good movie on, I'd watch Disney, but only for the movies.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Eh, I don't care for the original movies myself, and neither do I with Dog With A Blog crap, and all that other stuff. The only reason I watch Disney Channel or Disney XD is because of two shows: Jessie, Gravity Falls, Wander over Yonder, Crash and Bernstein, and Good Luck Charlie. Wait a second, that's 5 shows! Never mind..

Drtooth

Reaction score
If I'm going to count other channels owned by the network, I'm still mixed about the whole thing. XD has some great cartoons now. Doreamon's finally going to premiere in the US, and it only took 35 years. The 7D is delightful. And seriously, Kelly Osborne is surprisingly good in it.

And while I am a little annoyed that Nicktoons deals in long marathons of the same shows all day, I give special credit to The 90's are all that on TeenNick. I mean, who doesn't want to wake up at 1 Am to watch CatDog? Plus, they do have a promo that shows all the Getting Crap Past the Radar moments as possible. Even Rocko's stint as a sex hotline worker. The thing they couldn't even let Shout put back in.