Sesame Street Dreams...

Libba Yuki

Reaction score
I don't know if this area of the forum is the right section I should be putting this thread in, if not I'm sure someone will re-direct me...

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone here has ever had Sesame Street related dreams or nightmares?

I remember one weird (and at the time, scary) dream I had when I was about 4-6 years old that featured Cookie Monster and Kermit.

In the dream, the two of them were doing some sort of sketch together. When all of a sudden Cookie Monster grabbed one of Kermit's eyes, pulled it off, and ATE IT! :eek:

It was freaky!

Anyone else care to share their SS dreams?

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Thats a scary vison of Cookie Monster!
We do have another thread for Muppet dreams, and here it is.
DREAMS about MUPPETS...

Edit: Even though I've said it in the thread above, I had a dream where Prarie Dawn jumped out of the computer and started chasing me. Really creepy.

Libba Yuki

Reaction score
Oops! Didn't know about that thread, I would have posted about my dream there instead of starting a new topic!

Oh well.

Creepy dream though, Colbynfriends!

OldSchoolFan

Reaction score
I had a dream about a month ago that Sesame Street was a real place that me and my friends hung out at. we just called it "the street" though. it was a little warped though because the street was pretty ghetto and Snuffleupagus sold weed in it. i think the reason for that is that the 2 things i watched before falling asleep were Cheech And Chong's Up In Smoke and Big Bird In China. so they both "intertwined" in my unconscious mind.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Most of my Sesame Street dreams as a kid were pretty scary, which is strange for a hardcore fan of the old show. Taunted nonstop by Oscar the Grouch, attacked by giant letters, abducted to get turned into a Muppet...I had one heckuva weird imagination back then!

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I had a dream about a month ago that Sesame Street was a real place that me and my friends hung out at. we just called it "the street" though. it was a little warped though because the street was pretty ghetto and Snuffleupagus sold weed in it. i think the reason for that is that the 2 things i watched before falling asleep were Cheech And Chong's Up In Smoke and Big Bird In China. so they both "intertwined" in my unconscious mind.
Omg rofl. I've had a few SS dreams but I can't remember any ATM:batty:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I had a SS dream, for the first time ever a few months ago, it was me getting a job on the show as a new human character and all the muppets being real. I hugged Big Bird and was one of the shop keepers at the store. Maria was a mean boss who didn't think I washed the dishes well enough :stick_out_tongue:. And she didn't like my singing...

superboober

Reaction score
Remember the skit popularly known as the "Rube Goldberg Alphabet Contraption?" I dreamt once Ernie and Bert took a walk through that house, and in typical fashion Bert ended up getting zonked by each and every alphabet contraption along the way (e.g., the elephant that pulled down the shade for i kissed him first, the goat that rammed the TV set with n hit him in the rear instead, etc. etc.), while Ernie strolled through unscathed, and even made the usual jokes about it at his friend's expense. :stick_out_tongue:

StreetScenes

Reaction score
couple weeks ago i had one of those anxiety dreams where you want to get somewhere and you can't....i dreamed i woke up in a hotel room and heard big bird's voice, looked out the window and saw caroll was performing the bird in front of the hotel. naturally, i wanted to rush down asap, but i couldn't figure out how to turn on the shower, i had packed boxes and boxes of clothes but they were all winter sweaters and it was 80 degrees out, and when i finally got myself out of the hotel room i got in the elevator and pushed the down button but it went up instead.

at that point i was like this is ridiculous, this is a dream, i should be able to make myself get downstairs. of course by then i'd missed big bird, but caroll was playing a guitar and singing folk music in the lobby, and the audience was all sitting cross-legged on the floor like kids at story time. i joined the audience and spent the rest of the dream half paying attention to the concert while trying unsuccessfully to contrive a convincing plot twist that would get him back in the bird suit, and getting distracted by an internal argument over how much control i had over time and other characters in a dream-already-in-progress.

chudman1000

Reaction score
Sorry to bump the thread, but this seemed like the place to post. I actually had a strange but kind of cool Sesame Street dream the other day. I was actually listening to Bob McGrath's Favorite Street Songs while trying to go to sleep, or more specifically "Somebody Come and Play" off the album. While I heard Bob singing off the album though while I slept, in my dream I had a visions of him walking down Sesame Street (from Hooper's to 123 Sesame)singing the song. The trippy part though was while he sang and walked, both he and the street aged and evolved, starting from how they both originally looked in the seventies to how they both look today. (In other words, at the Fix-it-shop/Hooper's Store side it was all seventies era, the arbor area: eighties, 123: nineties, etc) It was a definitely a weird vision, but an amazing one that I wish such a clip really did exist.