Opinions on Muppets From Space?

Eyeball

Reaction score
yeah i really hated that there was no original songs aswell but whatever that type of soundtrack is either disco or funk? just plain sucked, whos great idea was that?

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
I have no idea. It just absolutely stinked. The music. I mean, there wasn't ANY original songs!!!! When you think of Muppets, you think of music!

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Well I think MFS is a nice film to watch. I've never seen it in a theater, but from what I've heard it's better watching it on tv, I mean it's not the bottom of muppet films, 9)The Muppet Christmas Carol and 10)The Muppets Wizard of Oz back it up so it's not at the bottom, so it's 8/10 muppet films (tv films included), so let me put in some pros and cons

PROS
  • Muppet Boarding House Scenes (INCLUDING "BRICK HOUSE")​
  • C.O.V.N.E.T Breakout Scenes with :smile: :embarrassed: :mad: :rolleyes: :halo:
  • Muppet Labs​
  • Celebration​
  • Bobo ('nuff said)​
  • Van Neuter Scene​
  • Survival​
CONS
  • Kermit gets little to do​
  • Gonzo doesn't want his brain sucked out!​
  • The final scene at Cape Doom BEFORE CELEBRATION (Drags on too long)​
  • Besides :halo: :smile: :embarrassed: :concern: :mad: :shifty: :rolleyes: :confused: :eek:and Bobo none of the other muppets have real roles!​
  • Not enough locations (think of TMM, GMC, MTM, TM, MMW, and MTI and how many places we saw, THEN MFS, COVNET, Cape Doom, Boarding House, and UFO Mania Live HQ, UHH....​
  • Cameos are weak​
  • Tambor: too black-and-white for an antagonistic role​
Don't forget Scooter is back in action for some of the film.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
You know at the end of the day, there isn't too much to complain about for MFS. I think its a good legitimate family film. We can't compare it to TMM or GMC no way at all, but for a stand-alone family comedy, it's really good. If you don't like the film watch it with commentary if you have the DVD, I personally just like watching it without commentary, and watching snippets of the commentary after watching the actual film, and if you like it then good for you, it's 10x better than...actually I think Alexander Lowery says it best (at 3:00-3:15)

So anyway, the film is really just good, it's not TMM or GMC, but we can at least say it's watchable and a nice attempt to mesh sci-fi with the muppets.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Exactly!! Better than those " kid-coms" Nick and Disney Channel are feeding kids... Meanwhile, I agree with you, Muppet Master!

BeakerJanice

Reaction score
I loved MFS bc I laughed the whole Time!

Especially the scene with,,Brick House"and Muppet Labs and as they wanted to save Gonzo!

:eek: :confused: :smile: :Mad: