Do you miss high school?

Pepe'sgal90

Reaction score
All of the pictures in our yearbooks were in color and were done completely online. I was in yearbook my senior year only because I needed a community activity and did not want my picture hardly in it lol. :big_grin:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Again, since I went to a pretty preppy high school, our yearbooks were fantastically put together. My freshmen year, the club/sports photos and senior pictures were all in color, everything else was black and white. The last three, the yearbook was completely in color and surprisingly the price didn't go up.

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score

This was me at my school's coffee house event last December. I was a senior.

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score

OMG! I loved this film when I saw it in High School Bio. I was psyched to see Sterling Holloway in a live-action film. <3

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What in the world are you people posting? I mean seriously, I keep getting nothing but blank white spaces... is there something about other video players that this forum doesn't like other than YouTube players?

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, that's better.

Oh, and Angie, I don't know if you're aware of it, but Sterling Holloway guest starred in an episode of Andy Griffith once as a mild-mannered traveling salesman.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
What in the world are you people posting? I mean seriously, I keep getting nothing but blank white spaces... is there something about other video players that this forum doesn't like other than YouTube players?
Sometimes I can't even see You Tube players on this board.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Yes and no, yes because I had a few friends that I liked to be with and I loved being part of the chorus. It's one of the only places I felt the happiest to be able to sing with others. One of my favorite classes was marine biology my senior year, the teacher was the best!

Also no because I was harassed by boys my sophomore and junior year, and it was always the same boys, too. I pretty much resolved that they were jerks and it was best not to be around them. Also, my brother was bullied by students and teachers because of his autism and was always in trouble, I felt embarrassed to be around him then because he was my brother and his issues. Then there's never being part of the show choir, but I realized years ago that music and theater isn't for me.

For the most part, I don't miss it.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The first verse of Paul Simon's "Kodachrome" sums up high school for me:

When I think back on all the crap I learned in high school,
It's a wonder I can think at all.
And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none,
I can read the writing on the wall.

The thing I couldn't wait to get away from were people who wanted to stay in high school forever. Some jocks and cheerleaders couldn't bear to leave. So the jocks and cheerleaders became coaches (one even became a vice principal) so they could still meet at school every day, still live in the same neighborhood, and carry on like nothing in life has changed.

Me- I couldn't wait to spread my wings and get the heck outta there.
I only went to my 10th high school reunion, and saw all I needed to see.
I have a few good memories from those days, have a few friends I still keep in touch with, but no broken dreams, no shattered hopes, no crisis I couldn't get over, no battle scars. But it's a chapter in my life I closed long ago (I graduated 1986), and knew it was time to move on.

Do I miss it? Not really. Would I have done anything different? Probably not.