Jokes You Don't Get/Misheard Lines/Lyrics

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
In Muppet Treasure Island, during the roll call sequence, most of the characters called on (and not every member of the crew is addressed by name here) have names that are puns, or ironic, or follow a pattern with other names. But then there are some names I don't get, like Smoke Eye Pea(or was it Black Eye Pea?) and Wall-Eye Pike,
I'm pretty sure it was Black Eye Pea. Hope it makes sense now. But, I don't know about Wall-Eyed Pike..

PigsInSpace2205

Reaction score
I dont know why in MMW Constantine put a bomb on Piggy's ring, then escapes and then returns to kidnap Piggy that makes no sense (i know that this is not a joke but i still dont get it):sympathy::sympathy:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I dont know why in MMW Constantine put a bomb on Piggy's ring, then escapes and then returns to kidnap Piggy that makes no sense (i know that this is not a joke but i still dont get it):sympathy::sympathy:
"You are my insurance policy!"

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I don't get that one joke in MMW! When Fozzie says gutenburgen or something and then Kermit says something like we have a solid leafen on gutenburgen ...something? :confused:
Wait I think I have it in video form...

Around 3:09ish-3:15

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it was Black Eye Pea. Hope it makes sense now. But, I don't know about Wall-Eyed Pike..
Well the character Black Eye Pea indeed has bruised eyes.
A walleye pike is a type of fish -and the pirate is a muppet fish. It's a pirate-ish sounding name that follows after Black Eye Pea and plays on the fact that he's a fish.

Eyeball

Reaction score
I never got the joke, my cousin is so dumb he thinks that eggs Benedict is a mafia gangster, what's it mean? some insight would be great.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I don't get that one joke in MMW! When Fozzie says gutenburgen or something and then Kermit says something like we have a solid leafen on gutenburgen ...something? :confused:
Wait I think I have it in video form...

Around 3:09ish-3:15
It's "Poopenbergen." And "A sold week."

I never got the joke, my cousin is so dumb he thinks that eggs Benedict is a mafia gangster, what's it mean? some insight would be great.
It's because it's a vaguely-sounding mafia name, except it's just a food dish.

David French

Reaction score
Hello. Here is a thread where you can discuss jokes in Muppet productions you don't get, or lines or lyrics you have seemed to mishear. Here's mine:

In TMM, I have been confused by this gag:

DeLuise: ... I have lost my sense of direction
Kermit: Have you tried Harry Grishner?

I have googled that name and I am not getting results I am looking for.
https://www.google.com/#q=Grishner, Harry
It's a reference to Hare Krishna, which is a religious movement.

I've mentioned it before but in the TMS Elton John episode: You look like a stolen card. :attitude:
It's "stolen car."
:attitude: Still don't get it :attitude:
Stolen cars are usually disguised to make it more difficult for the original owner/Police to spot it. Sam is making the point that based on the colourful/flamboyant clothes that Elton wears, he vaguely resembles what a stolen car might look like.

gravy

Reaction score
Instead of ''Bet your cares away...''

I though it was ''Bet your kids away...''