Michael Bay's Ninja Turtles: RIP TMNT 1985-2014

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
It's funny, doesnt anyone a part of the 2014 TMNT movie not realize that virtually everyone online HATES the look of the turtle faces?​
By the time they were revealed, it was far too late to go back into post and fix them. The toy line was already made. Nothing could have been done unless they released these designs 2 years ago.
After seeing the recent trailer (and granted, yes- I'll probably still see the actual movie just to give it a fair shake)- but I do find it kinda funny and kinda scary at the same time that the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in this movie look pretty similar to the Goombas in the "Super Mario Bros." movie.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Besides the fact that they butchered the turtles, this movie looks plain awful. Hollywood has to understand that no one runs to movies to see building smashing special effects anymore, and that's all Michael Bay can accomplish. They have cool action sequences, but after two hours of seeing the same building collapsing to the ground people get bored.

Annoyingly there are still people who will go to see movies like this, purely out of some strange fan insecurity. Like, "Well it's gonna suck, but I can't NOT see it!"

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Annoyingly there are still people who will go to see movies like this, purely out of some strange fan insecurity. Like, "Well it's gonna suck, but I can't NOT see it!"

I did that The Amazing Spider-Man 2. I love Spidey, so how could I resist? Ugh. Worst movie ever.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I liked The Amazing Spider-Man 2 for the most part myself. (Though I didn't totally like The Amazing Spider-Man and all that was done in that movie.) The sequel was better than I expected though. I still prefer the Tobey Maguire Spider-Man movies the best.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You can't truly complain about a movie until you see it first hand. It gives you more to complain about. There are those who have an open mind and want to see this for themselves. Some wanna see a trainwreck. Me? I just wanna see Vernon (something tells me he's the ONLY thing they got right). We do indeed deserve a good TMNT movie. I wish Nick Jimmy Neutroned the current series and gave them a premiere film with the series following. But they wanted a big budget blockbuster when the original TMNT movie worked on having a low budget.

As long as the film doesn't either destroy the current Nick series or overshadow it (from both ends, success and failure both don't look good), I honestly could look the other way.

That said, at least out of the 2 Michael Bay films, Transformers 4 has Grimlock in it. Now, that film can be as awful as they come, and I still wanna see that one just for Grimlock.

beaker

Reaction score
Yeah def can't wait for "TURTLE POWER" TMNT history documentary. I'll definitely preorder the dvd.

NOW....Dr Tooth...you ready to vomit?
Check out TMNT 2014 trailer 2.

horribly blurry what the heck is going on action? check
terrible cinematography? check
annoying dubstep? check
turtles turned into creepy thugs? check
proverbial iphone/android commercial? check
overuse of lame cgi lens flair? check
total lack of plot? check
lame shredder? check

Drtooth

Reaction score
Eh, it looks like how I'd imagine it would look like. Shredder's armor looks like it was made out of Optimus Prime. I'd love to be all "this movie's raping my childhood" like the rest of everybody else, but it looks exactly like I thought it would when I heard Bay was producing. To the letter.

On the plus side, looks like they got Mikey right... at least in the sense of 2k3 and NickTMNT Mikey. And Splinter doesn't look awful (that would be movie 3, the live action series, and the concert series). I'll give them the tiniest amount of credit for those two things.

Eyeball

Reaction score
Not the greatest TMNT fan here having only watched the 2003 (I think) series but wow this movie looks like it could suck harder then TF2 which was the only movie I've ever walked out on halfway through.