Muppet Film and TV References

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
Found another one the other night on ABC's 80's-centric sitcom The Goldbergs (the same show responsible for the wonderful "Fraggles dance their cares away" line referenced earlier in this thread):

The mother of the family, Beverly, is packing school lunches for her kids, and there's a great camera shot of youngest son Adam's lunchbox, which prominently features a first-season TMS promo image.

Adam's grandfather, Pops, sees what's happening and suggests that Beverly might want to put his lunch in a brown bag instead. She replies: "But Adam LOVES Kermie."

And since that's also MY real first name, both Mrs. Otter and I sagely nodded at the TV and smiled: "Yes. Yes, he does." :smile:

animalrescuer

Reaction score
O the Food Network show, "Guy's Grocery Games", there was a chef whose name was Kermit and people would always go "like Kermit the Frog?" to him, I think he sad that we would've hit anyone who said that, but I'm not sure.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Another reference from a Nick kid's show: iCarly!

Sam ( from iCarly) and Rex ( a ventroliquist's dummy on Victorious) are battling it out-- rap style!! Sam's all like:

Sam: You couldn't beat me, you're just a puppet! And, anyways, you look like a rejected Muppet!

which is actually really offensive, because everyone knows Muppets are NOT a ventroliquist's dummy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then, I tuned into Disney Channel and A.N.T Farm was on where they made this reference:

There was this doll beauty pageant at a carnival that the main kids in this show were going to, and there was a puppet that was a judge, and the puppet made some mean remark about Cookie Monster. WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE ABOUT COOKIE MONSTER??????

Drtooth

Reaction score
How can we forget the Secret Mountain Fort Awesome full episode reference to Labyrinth entitled "Labyrinth"?

Pretty much the only episode I ever actually saw for that reason, so I don't quite know the character names. This pimply orb character with only arms and no legs gets lambasted by his friends because he can't dance. So the Troll King Jerry (!) abducts them, and (obviously) traps them in a maze.

Of note- the Magic Dance number has a dead on parody, as does the song from the Ballroom dream sequence (which is also parodied). The bog of eternal stank (made up of internet comments), and M. C. Escher stairs (replaced with escalators) are referenced, as well as a puppeteer that looks suspiciously like Frank Oz in one sequence.

WemblinFool18

Reaction score
In Supernatural (which I don't watch btw, but my friend showed me this), one character says something along the lines of, "There's only two things I know for certain. One, Bert & Ernie are gay..."

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
In Supernatural (which I don't watch btw, but my friend showed me this), one character says something along the lines of, "There's only two things I know for certain. One, Bert & Ernie are gay..."
That is sooooo not true! The next time I hear that, I will rip my hair out!!!!

WemblinFool18

Reaction score
And of course in Forgetting Sarah Marshall, when the guy says he loves puppets, and says, I quote, "I love Fraggle Rock". IF I CAN FIND A BOYFRIEND WHO WOULD TRUTHFULLY SAY THAT I WOULD HAVE FOUND HEAVEN :big_grin:

And the big fat awesome puppet show at the end of the movie <3

WemblinFool18

Reaction score
Took all the Family Guy quotes, eh...

Here's another.

Stewie was playing with a talking Sesame Street Phone and calling up bomb threats. He regisisters a complaint on it, and makes a nasty quote about Linda, "As for sending Death threats to a deaf woman..."

On this one espisode of Pinky and the Brain (where Brain becomes a Sumo wrestler), Pinky is playing with a Tickle me Bimbo (?) doll. Brain shows him a giant Sumo suit, to which Pinky replies, "You got the Tickle me Dom Deluise! He's the rarest one of them all!
I believe it was "Tickle me Herbert"

Muppet Master

Reaction score
The Goldberges has had three muppet tv references.

-Dad tries to give son "the talk", one way he attempts is by using fraggle puppets of mokey and goober.

-Mom wants to give son "muppet show" lunchbox.

-Mom makes son Bert & Ernie birthday cake.