Through the Hoop skit

prickle747

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the entire skit has surfaced in English yet? The one on youtube is my master thanks to various sources put together.

Last edited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Was in English on youtube once upon a time. For this skit, Beautiful Day Monster was called "Shnookie". Rhymes with cookie.

prickle747

Reaction score
now that one you speak of may have been the partial (incomplete) one as this one is the complete skit mind you 2 audio languages combined. also curious what episode # is was on? I hope sesame workshop considers posting it up fully in English.

Last edited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I was barely two years old when these episodes originally aired. And for the longest time episode #'s didn't matter to me. Still don't. The stuff INSIDE the episodes was what got you excited.

People my age never would've dreamed Sesame Street would still be on 40+ years later, let alone having a forum to dissect every nanosecond down to the last molecule.

We thought, like so many other PBS shows from the 70's, they'd run out of money or ideas (or both) and it would run its course, and it would be a great childhood memory that you young folks might read about in the Ancient History books.

Didn't exactly work out that way.
But I'm still pleased you kids (and I say that because I'm old enough to be the father of just about everybody here) can discover and enjoy the same things I got to see first time around. Especially ancient clips like this.