New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Well hello!
I am Alasdair, I've always enjoyed the Muppets they of course have been on the telly pretty much since I could remember (of course, Alistair cookie had a great impact on my love of cookies :big_grin: ).

For the past couple of years or so I've been subscribed to the YouTube channel Glove and Boots https://www.youtube.com/user/gloveandboots the outtakes videos always make me laugh.

I'm not really sure what made me want to build my puppet but I just decided to goto a fabric store pick up some supplies and go ahead and do it. I named him stitch.

Ultimately, I want to make a few shorts for YouTube to bung into my portfolio of creative projects and (hopefully) get me out of the dry 9-5 and into the interesting 9-5 :stick_out_tongue:

Cheers,

Alasdair
Nice to meet you! Welcome to the forum!

Alasdair333

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome folks!

Hi, Alasdair333!! I love your puppet! I wish I knew how to make them...

This was my first one. Its been about ~15 years since I picked up a needle and thread

I bought the Roly Pattern stencil from http://www.projectpuppet.com/ and went to my local fabric shop (I was like a fish out of water :stick_out_tongue:) and bought some fabric & stuffing. Then went to a hobby store and bought some 1/2inch foam (The stencil has a shopping list on it) and I went to work :smile:

Took me about 2 days, I tried to do a puppet stitch (Henson stitch)
but it wasn't very successful. Afterward I did some practising on a scrap bit of fabric though and I got the hang of it.

For the hair I cut the end of a scarf off :smile:

Its a fun project well worth the go, I did it without a sewing machine but using one would speed it up alot especially bits of the puppet you can't see.

Go give it a shot! :big_grin:

Cheers,

Alasdair

Mister Muppet

Reaction score
I would like to welcome every new member to this wonderful forum, please all enjoy it:smile:

ThePuppeteer

Reaction score
Hello there, Everyone!!

I've been a Muppet fan since I was little.
I mostly draw now,
Due to financial issues..
I had to sell my puppets.

I plan on making my own soon
:smile:
See you on the forums!

-ThePuppeteer

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Hello there, Everyone!!

I've been a Muppet fan since I was little.
I mostly draw now,
Due to financial issues..
I had to sell my puppets.

I plan on making my own soon
:smile:
See you on the forums!

-ThePuppeteer
Sorry to hear about having to sell your puppets.
It's nice to meet you anyway. Do you have any photos and videos of the puppets you use to own?