How to make simple puppets

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
I made a thread earlier saying I'm going to start a puppet troupe, and I want to make puppets for it, but don't know how to. I'm going to start out with simple puppets, such as sock puppets with arm rods, glorified sock puppets, or maybe even foam puppets with arm rods. Does anybody know how to make any of these puppets, because I don't. In advance, thanks.

Muppetlab

Reaction score
I believe you were given lots of great tips and resources in your first thread asking the same question. Have you looked at them?
I garantee 99% of people here learnt the hard way. Self teaching, research, practice, research and practice some more.
There is no real shortcut.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
I believe you were given lots of great tips and resources in your first thread asking the same question. Have you looked at them?
I garantee 99% of people here learnt the hard way. Self teaching, research, practice, research and practice some more.
There is no real shortcut.
I figured. Well, I bet today it might be a good day to take a trip to the library for some puppet-making books.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
I'll say it again... "The Foam Book".
Well, I'm trying to use household items, not buy a book or do any of that stuff. I dug into my closet today and found The Muppets Make Puppets! and 5-Minute Puppets, which I didn't even know I had.

Slackbot

Reaction score
You ask for help, but don't want to use the help offered. And it sounds like you don't want to put much effort into it. Fine, but as Muppetlab said, there is no shortcut.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
You ask for help, but don't want to use the help offered. And it sounds like you don't want to put much effort into it. Fine, but as Muppetlab said, there is no shortcut.
No, I do want to use the help offered, and next time I'm on Amazon, I'll use these resources. But, I was just wondering if anybody had directions on making a simple puppet.

Slackbot

Reaction score
The Foam Book does. It outlines several different techniques for making simple puppets. You would do well to invest in that book.